BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am doing the winter maintenance and I just realised that I don't need to remove the mirrors to remove the side panels.

the previous years I used to do it as described in the Clymer manual.

Well, I do not save much time but my mirrors are fragile because I had to fix them so I am happy I can leave them alone.

I hope it can help somebody.

Happy new year

Bruno

·
Registered
847 Posts
That is nice to know I did not realize that Every time I time I remove them I was wondering what else I was going to break

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,989 Posts
Some leave the screw out behind the wind deflector so you don't have to remove the mirror. I just hold the mirror & pop the lower stud loose remove the wind deflector & snap the mirror back on the lower stud. I only remove the mirrors if I have to remove the nose cone.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Some leave the screw out behind the wind deflector so you don't have to remove the mirror. I just hold the mirror & pop the lower stud loose remove the wind deflector & snap the mirror back on the lower stud. I only remove the mirrors if I have to remove the nose cone.
That is how I do it also.

Reactions: saddleman

·
Premium Member
7,623 Posts
Hello,

I am doing the winter maintenance and I just realised that I don't need to remove the mirrors to remove the side panels.

the previous years I used to do it as described in the Clymer manual.

Well, I do not save much time but my mirrors are fragile because I had to fix them so I am happy I can leave them alone.

I hope it can help somebody.

Happy new year

Bruno
I remove mine as I want to clean and grease the ball studs as I think that helps keep the mirrors from breaking. Mine first broke when they got dirty and would not come off easily.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I do much the same thing. Only pop loose the bottom of the mirror. My right mirror. I drove 1 screw in the front corner. The plastic is busted for the front snap portion on the mirror.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts