BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just got a 2000 K1200LT with the BC1 intercom and a set of helmet headsets. I can get the intercom to work but no music in the headsets. When I plug the headset cords into the bike should the bike's external speakers go off? they are not.

Suggestions?

Thanks, Bob

·
Registered
656 Posts
On top of the Gas tank there are two rows of buttons on the 09 OI believe its the top row second button on the right controls the source have you tried that?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the manuals for the radio and intercom and I find nothing written on the headset. I have tried the radio controls and also find nothing. I was told that when you plug a headset cord into the bike the music should come thru the headset speakers and the bikes speakers should turn off. I was trying to confirm that. I also understand that on the latter intercom box that there is a switch but I have the early BC1 system w/o a switch.

Thanks, Bob

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
bobivey said:
Hi, I just got a 2000 K1200LT with the BC1 intercom and a set of helmet headsets. I can get the intercom to work but no music in the headsets. When I plug the headset cords into the bike should the bike's external speakers go off? they are not.

Suggestions?

Thanks, Bob
I do remember that the BC1 did not allow you to turn off the outside speakers.....they worked along with the headset speakers. On my 2000 LTC....the dealer installed switches for me to turn the outside off. I am sorry, but I can not remember how or if you had to do anything to get the headset to work. I don't remember doing anything other than plugging it in to make it function.

There is one thing to look at. If the VOX sensitivity is set to where the intercom is active all the time, the music will not play. The voice activation turns the music off until 2.5 seconds after you stop talking.

HTH

Ron

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Not sure on the BC-1 (long time ago!) but with the BC-3 BMW Comm System you won't get anything through the headpones in the ACC position. You need to turn the Ignition to the on position for them to function. Even if I have the headphones, or internal. selected for speaker position, I will still get the tunes through my speakers until I actually turn the ignition on all the way.

Not sure if this helps any, but good luck anyway.

John

·
Registered
635 Posts
kellenbenz said:
I do remember that the BC1 did not allow you to turn off the outside speakers.....they worked along with the headset speakers. On my 2000 LTC....the dealer installed switches for me to turn the outside off. I am sorry, but I can not remember how or if you had to do anything to get the headset to work. I don't remember doing anything other than plugging it in to make it function.

There is one thing to look at. If the VOX sensitivity is set to where the intercom is active all the time, the music will not play. The voice activation turns the music off until 2.5 seconds after you stop talking.

HTH

Ron
Yep this is correct, the speakers play regardless of whether you have a headset plugged in and I also do not recall having to do anything other than plug the headsets in to make them work.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Dont know anything about the BC1, but I have the Autocom unit and I have to fade the music to the rear speakers and turn the switch to Autocom, only then do I get music to the headphones and no music to the external speakers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all, I had the intercom sensitivity set to high. I did find that the ignition needs to be in the ON position and that the external speakers work regardless of having the headsets plugged in.

Thanks, Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts