BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Not from what I read...
"To provide the desired integral function, brake pressure for the rear-wheel

circuit is generated and built up by an electronically controlled hydraulic pump.

This offers the advantage of pressure management and control completely

independent of the front wheel circuit – which is the prerequisite for dynamic,

adaptive and, ultimately, consistently ideal brake force distribution to

the rear wheel as well as fully independent brake management and control."

·
Registered
104 Posts
the servo assist will be

ok its throu the servo will continu just on the lt !!! just on the LT !!!! no more servo on bmw motorcycles from 2007 just continu on LT

·
Registered
666 Posts
Since the reason is to provide traction control, I was thinking.

Since if you're rear wheel starts spinning and sliding, and you let off the gas, you risk a high side,

Would the traction control lead to an increased risk of high sides ?

What do you all think ?

·
Registered
797 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
ranks said:
Since the reason is to provide traction control, I was thinking.

Since if you're rear wheel starts spinning and sliding, and you let off the gas, you risk a high side,

Would the traction control lead to an increased risk of high sides ?

What do you all think ?
From my understanding the brakes are not used with the ACS (traction control). The computer first retards the igntion to reduce power, then cuts teh igntion and fuel altogether.

I honestly don't know why it's called stability control rather than ATC (automatic traction control) since unlike a car, a motorcycle has a limited ability to slide before it crashes, so you can't really react to a loss in traction in the lateral direction to prevent tucking the front end, sliding out hte rear or highsiding.

So the only thing ASC does is prevent wheelies and rear wheel spin on accleration. Supposedly it also allows 10% wheel slippage for optimum traction, and that might also help prevent a highside and still allow the front wheel to come just barely off the ground for optimum acceleration.

My '07 R1200RT does not have the servo assist. I think overall I prefer it this way. It still feels more powerful than my non-abs R1150R and it's not too grabby at parking lot speeds, and has no lag is response to lever inputs. Also you have full brakes with the engine off or if there is a ABS fault or failure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts