BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read of this interesting product today. I realize I do not have hair but it may extend the life of helmet linings by adding additional air space. Anyone using this?

Clicky

·
Registered
189 Posts
Might be good under the sun, your helmet lining doesn't absorb your transpiration and your sweat can run down your back... :)

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
The little nubbies on the user side may be of particular discomfort to those of us who are folically challenged and lack the proper mane necessary for cushioning of said nubs!

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Larry, good to see you popped back up. Are you still in the southern hemisphere?

I noticed that the gismo is dishwasher safe. Kind of like your hair? :stir: :eek2:

If you are still down south I just wanted to let you know it has been sunny and in the mid 80's every day in the Portland area for the last 6 weeks.

Loren

·
Registered
476 Posts
Wonder how it performs in a crash - a help or a problem? Anyone know?

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts
I wear a Silky under inside my helmet. Makes it easy to slide the helmet on. Wonder if it would work with the Silky?

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts
A quick responce back

Hi Dan,

In most helmets there is a band of padded liner that runs around the head, above this band is generally
a larger void space for the top of your head. The Airhead sits in this space and shouldn't effect the sliding
of your helmet on or off. If your helmet is a very tight fit, then the Airhead make it tighter, however, if your helmet
is an average or loose fit the Airhead will improve the fit and comfort.

Kind regards,

Bruce Hanlee
twowheelcool
Sydney, Australia

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
DaveDragon said:
My cure for helmet hair was shaving my head.
Mother Nature took care of that for me! :cool:

·
Premium Member
7,526 Posts
lkniess said:
I read of this interesting product today. I realize I do not have hair but it may extend the life of helmet linings by adding additional air space. Anyone using this?

Clicky
I took a look at the web site. What is hemet hair? Is that anything like helmet hair? :)

It does not look comfortable, then again neither does a bead rider and I find mine very comfortable. I would be curious to hear any first-hand experiences with this device.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Voyager said:
I took a look at the web site. What is hemet hair? Is that anything like helmet hair? :)

It does not look comfortable, then again neither does a bead rider and I find mine very comfortable. I would be curious to hear any first-hand experiences with this device.
I suspect hemet hair is a condition that affect riders in certain locales in Southern California, namely those who ride in or around the town of Hemet.

:dance:

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
“Undoubtedly eliminates helmet hair, adds airflow
and gives me peace of mind about how I look when I arrive.” :rotf:

(that's always been one of my greatest concerns)

“When I got to work someone asked if I’d ridden my scooter,
they’d assumed I hadn’t because my hair looked so good” :rolleyes:

(you actually ride a scooter and have a JOB?)

"It also held my old deteriorating helmet liner
in place and was far more attractive.”
:snork

(Dood......)

“Can’t ride any helmet without it now, it helps keep the helmet in place
and I’m less concerned about how I look when I take the helmet off.”
:lol8:

(I've never ridden a helmet, but what the heck, I'll give it a try!)

Actually this is a blatant rip off of a design from the the 1950's perfected by none other than the evil genius "Brainiac" - except he had bluetooth! :D

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
They make comfort insoles for riding boots, too:

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
RonKMiller said:

Actually this is a blatant rip off of a design from the the 1950's perfected by none other than the evil genius "Brainiac" - except he had bluetooth! :D
[/b][/i][/color][/size]

Wow a reference to a 1950's Comic book? You never know what you'll see on here. Of course reading the reviews I had the thought if your liner is that deteriorated it may be time for a new helmet..

None the less I think I'll try one out, riding in the winter with the vents closed on the helmet makes me look like Moe when I take my helmet off.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I bought the bmw tee ... "Yes I have a hair stylist ... his name is Helmut"

Unfortunately most of those bmw tees are now fairly worn out & shabby.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts