BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm loving my new R1200RTWC and the Garmin V. Here's a tip on planning a trip. I used the Harley Ride Planner via the web and dumped it to my NAV V. The cool thing about the Ride Planner is you can easily drag and drop the route allowing you to create the ride as you wish.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Glad to hear your enjoying the RT. Thanks for the Ride Planner tip: I'm just getting used to Garmin Base Camp but if this easier to use I may have to go that route

My wife and I were in Nashville a couple of weeks ago, she had a flat rear tire on her sportster and we stopped at Boswell's HD. They did a great job taking care of the tire and getting us back on the road.; even met Bubba and his dad.

Reactions: davidtn

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome to the family!

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad to hear your enjoying the RT. Thanks for the Ride Planner tip: I'm just getting used to Garmin Base Camp but if this easier to use I may have to go that route

My wife and I were in Nashville a couple of weeks ago, she had a flat rear tire on her sportster and we stopped at Boswell's HD. They did a great job taking care of the tire and getting us back on the road.; even met Bubba and his dad.
What little I played with Garmin's Basecamp made me use the Ride Planner....so much easier!

Glad you had a good experience in Nashville!

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,254 Posts
Base Camp has a steep learning curve but now I find it better than the old MapSource. I will check out the Harley Ride Planner.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
I checked out the Harley Rider Planning tool and it is far, far easier to use than Basecamp. I had tried BC a few times, but found it difficult to use and don't plan on going back to it. The Harley tool is very simple and so far, I've created two routes and loaded them onto my 590 - one local, and the other and early iteration for the 2015 CCR ride.

My Garmin would automatically load Garmin Express when I plugged it in to either the Apple laptop or Windows PC, but could not get Windows to recognize the GPS device (I think it has to do with missing drivers). However, when I used the Apple laptop, it immediately recognized the GPS and I used it to load the two routes.

:bmw:

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,254 Posts
I checked it out and it pretty simple. I like a little more detail in my trip planning like having layover times for gas stops and lunch so I know exactly what time I arrive at the day's hotel. I couldn't figure out how to do that with the tool. I am sticking with BaseCamp, more power.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts