BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yooooo I’m kinda mad I just bought this bike and witching the first couple rides the front sprocket gave out lost some teeth soo just finally finished changing the chain and sprockets and rode all day today came by my buddies house went to let him ride it and I turned the key and the lights came on then all of a sudden shut off now nothing happens when I turn the key ? Can y’all help?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yoooo Jay,
Welcome, but you wrote in the BMW RT sub-forum with boxer engines and drive shafts, not sprockets and chains. There is no formal help here at all except for BMW cruiser and touring bikes on this whole web site.
Ignoring your drive train problems it sure sounds like an electrical problem like a dying/dead battery or maybe in gear and/or the kickstand still down. Try again in the S series forum and it would be helpful if you let everybody know what year your bike is. There is quite a difference in models by generation. I myself have a first year S1000RR, but your symptoms are just a shot in the dark till you submit more info. Like how old is the battery, are the connections tight, clutch lever pulled in or not.... Any indicators on the display?

I suggest you try joining this web site: BMW S1000RR Forum ( ) You'll find a ton of help there.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Hi, some of the newer BMW's have a 50 AMP fuse hidden in the electric system some place .A friend of mine had problems with one on a R1200GSA a few years a ago..

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
The fuse box is under the rear seat towards the front of the now open space. Be very careful with all the tabs. I recommend using a multi meter if you have one to check fuses. Rarely fuses blow and does not show in the visual window in top.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts