BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning a cross county trip for this summer. From AZ thru New England into Maine.

I was planning on using my 2720 and have discovered that Garmin will sell a new map to me for $79

They will not support the 2720 for maps for life though.

I can find info on new Garmin products that are water proof and that I can buy lifetime maps for.

But, I am interested in finding a used unit--probably a model in between my StreetPilot and the "Zumos"? that have the option of buying lifetime maps.

Looking for suggestions.

Built in MP3, XM radio don't have any value for me. Extras for hiking don't have any value to me.

Best from Tucson
Bob

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
My 2720 is on map version 2011.3 is that the last map I'll be able to get?

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dunno?

I can buy a new map; can't buy lifetime maps. My unit has the correct time, but thinks it is the middle of Dec in 09.

How did you find the map version you are on?
I think mine is 2008?

Best from Tucson
Bob

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,977 Posts
I have two GPS's on my bike a 2720 & 7200 garmin I have never updated either maps. Every state you ride into has the newest maps at the welcome center for free. I study paper maps before every trip. If I'm riding into a town I'll look at the google map zoomed in to where I need to go. I also look at maps at lunch at work or food breaks when I'm traveling. I always have a second route planned ahead in case the primary route isn't what I like for whatever reason.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips Dave.

I have a poor memory for directions to start with.

Having an up to date GPS thingie in front of me would make riding unfamiliar territory less confusing.

Bob

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
BecketMa said:
Thanks for the tips Dave.

I have a poor memory for directions to start with.

Having an up to date GPS thingie in front of me would make riding unfamiliar territory less confusing.

Bob
I bought lifetime maps for my 2820 last year. hope things don't change.

Garry

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
I just saw today in "my garmin" there are new maps available for both my 2720 and 2820.

nüMaps Lifetime™ North America map update ready for your StreetPilot® 2820.
nüMaps Lifetime™ North America map update ready for your StreetPilot® 2720.

My map subsciptions just paid for themselves.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts