BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Located in Fort Mill, SC, willing to ship. Asking $300 plus shipping.

·
Registered
2003 BMW K1200 LT (88K on 2020/08/13)
146 Posts
Still available, and is that Red stripes on Battleship gray with black back?

·
Enjoy The Ride
K1300GT K1200LT
4,023 Posts
As with all Russell Day Long custom seats they fit a very specific size person. There should be a serial number on the bottom of the seat and Russell can tell you what size person it was made for.

For example I just bought a 2009 K1300GT with a Russell Day Long seat. It was made for a 5'10" 215 lbs with a 40" waist & 29" inseam. I am 5'10" 165 lbs with a 30" waist & a 31" inseam. The seat does not fit me at all & it is to far away from my size for Russell to refit it.

·
Premium Member
7,865 Posts
Dave, you may already know this but in case you don't - Russell can rebuild, just recover, or do both to their seats. It's more expensive than an "adjustment" but it can be done.

·
Enjoy The Ride
K1300GT K1200LT
4,023 Posts
Dave, you may already know this but in case you don't - Russell can rebuild, just recover, or do both to their seats. It's more expensive than an "adjustment" but it can be done.
When I talked to Russell they said the seat size was to far apart to adjust for me. They would have to build a whole new seat.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry, not sure why the forum isn't informing me I have replies to the post. Yes, it's grey with a red strip, sides are black. I had it on my '05 blue/grey and it was a perfect match. As the seat is leather you can get some leather dye from Amazon and stain it black I believe. If you want a quick response message me directly.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Going once...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Going twice

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Given the previous comments…do you have the serial number so I can contact Russell to see what size individual this was made for?
I'll find the info on the seat when I get home tomorrow and post it here. It didn't even occur to me to reach out to the RDL folks and get that info. Duh.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Were you ever able to get the info on this and see what "size" of a person it fits?
No, I don't see a sticker on the seat when I look at the bottom. I am 6' 250ish lbs and it was comfortable on my bum. I didn't like how it made getting my feet on the ground tougher with my 31" inseam is the main reason I stopped using it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
No, I don't see a sticker on the seat when I look at the bottom. I am 6' 250ish lbs and it was comfortable on my bum. I didn't like how it made getting my feet on the ground tougher with my 31" inseam is the main reason I stopped using it.
I’m interested if this is still available

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Seat is no longer available

1 - 16 of 16 Posts