BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the site recommended tire set on my 2003....Avon AV45St on front and the B020 back. What a nice setup.

We were up in the mountains of NC Labor Day and I noticed the front end felt funny. It was our last day of riding, so I brought the bike on home.

The next week, the clutch started slipping bad. Took bike to Touring Sports in Greenville, SC. I asked that they check out the front end ocilations.

Well, the slave cylinder was leaking oil, so they replaced the Slave, Main seal, and clutch.

When they got to the front end, he called that somehow the bushing on the front shock was gone? Can't explain that, as it's been fine for 12,000 miles since I put the Wilbers on.

Then he said, your front tire has a split in it - bad enough that they didn't feel comfortable doing much of a test ride.

When I went to pick the bike up, sure enough, there was about a 10" split in the tire from the left side over to the right side. It was a clean split with some side splits.

At the encouragement of a friend, I contacted Avon and sent them photos of the tire [7000 miles on it].

Well- low and behold, Avon is sending me a new tire..."road hazard" coverage. How wonderfully.

So, Touring Sports really helped getting the clutch problem solved along with the shock. They found the split tire.

Avon was Very responsive too.

THANKS!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
New? LT

Actualy, that's the bike I'm waiting for. It won't be here in 2006, however.
As I see it, maybe it will be 100-150 lbs. less porkie, and just as smooth!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts