BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from my first real trip on the LT. We had a wedding to attend in eastern OH (I'm in No. NJ) and I glibly suggested to my wife it would be a lot more fun to take the bike. To my suprise and delight she agreed so we packed light and took off. :D

We needed to make time so our 400 mi route out was mostly super-slab. Everything went fine except for the fact that most of PA seems to be under construction! Despite several jams and construction slow-downs we still made decent time. Never having taken that long a ride on a true touring bike was amazing! When the traffic allowed we cruised along at a true 75-80 (GPS speed). My wife even said she felt more rested than if we'd taken the car.

The return trip was a different, slightly longer route (450 mi) that included some scenic detours. Was again delighted on how the bike handled the curves even though fully loaded. Unfortunately we arrived in the Poconos just as the NASCAR race was letting out. The GPS came to the rescue again and we navigated an alternate route away from the traffic. My only complaint is that I learned first hand just how bad the stock saddle is on a longer drive. Still feeling it two days later :( There's definitely a pad or new seat in my future...

My other problem is that the comm system acted up and was literally screeching in our ears. I pulled the tuppeware today, cleaned all the connectors, then re-assembled things a piece at a time. The result is I found one of our IC cords if bad. It's the short, 8" section that connects the helmet mount to the coiled cord. I contacted my dealer who informed me they only sell the complete headset at a $225. I would like to know if anyone knows how to repair the cord, has one they'd sell, or knows where to buy one. I did write J&M to see if they can help. Thanks.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I replied back to your post in the classifieds for this item. J&M sells replacement parts. It is around $22.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts