BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a great fall ride in central Wisconsin yesterday. These pictures were from the Baraboo/North Freedom area.

I have a day off of work Tuesday and hope to meet up with a buddy and head over towards the Tigerton area.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,162 Posts
Like that road view in the last pix - cue up the right music to go with that excellent asphalt and the bike will lower your blood pressure a good 20 points.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Very nice pictures. I rode from Ozark, MO to Albuquerque, NM yesterday and did not see anything close to that nice! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
very nice

Your area is about 2weeks ahead of ours in the colour change.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
kc5ero said:
Very nice pictures. I rode from Ozark, MO to Albuquerque, NM yesterday and did not see anything close to that nice! :)
That's only because you didn't take the extra hour to come up to Santa Fe! Our aspens are incredible this week! A nice ride up the mountain, too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
JoeTerry said:
We had a great fall ride in central Wisconsin yesterday. These pictures were from the Baraboo/North Freedom area.

I have a day off of work Tuesday and hope to meet up with a buddy and head over towards the Tigerton area.
Beautiful fall colors! I've been wanting to ride that way - I have a good friend in Sheboygan and would like to surprise him. Probably a little late now, with winter around the corner for you all - might get out in the spring.

On a totally different subject, which tank case are you using? Looks like a good fit and I've been hankering to get one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,746 Posts
L_Rudy said:
Beautiful fall colors! I've been wanting to ride that way - I have a good friend in Sheboygan and would like to surprise him. Probably a little late now, with winter around the corner for you all - might get out in the spring.

On a totally different subject, which tank case are you using? Looks like a good fit and I've been hankering to get one.
Are those pictures real or did you take a photo of your bike and then Photoshop a "Vacation in Wisconsin" photo? Absolutely gorgeous. We get some yellows here but nothing like those reds in your pictures. Just too pretty.

Loren
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No photoshop, it's the real thing. The tank bag is a RKA in-charge setup. It's just the right size and angle for the KLT. I like the map case and top map organizer pocket. W used it for our very first road trip this past spring to North Carolina and back and really liked it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heading out Friday for what might be our last longer ride for the season. Port Edwards, Wisconsin to Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Temps are forecast to be in the 40's and 50's for the ride there and 50's for the ride home with a bunch of rain in-between. The days we're riding look pretty good, though.

We're planning on taking some really nice scenery roads west to the Mississippi (131 out of Tomah, then 56 to the Mississippi where we'll cross on 82 and run the Great River Road in Iowa south until we finally find 13 and work our way to Cedar Rapids.

The route home is dependent on weather and how much time we have.

We're looking forward to it and seeing a few remaining fall colors on the way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Does that take you around Galena ? If not I recommend it. Quaint town and some nice roads in the area.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top