BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me what is the NGK Iridium plug for the 2005 LT is? I look all over the net and can't find it they (NGK) list only till 2004 and we know there was a change in 05. :confused:

·
Registered
797 Posts
FWIW, I tried these plugs and did not like them. I put maybe 750 miles on a set and took them off and put BMW OEM plugs back in.

If you want an improvement (my opinion only), try the Split Fire plugs that David Shealey suggested long ago. I finally tried a set and have been impressed. You can find them online.

Not sure about your comment about the spark plug part change.

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Iridium plugs

I put the Iridium plugs in my '03. It's part number DCPR7EIX. They cost me $32. It runs fine with them but it also ran fine with the old stock plugs as well........... :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
NGK plugs

I recently installed the NGK plugs as an alternative too the BMW dealer overpriced items. I also replaced the air filter at the same time with a K & N unit. The reason for both is elimination of problems and maintanence. I want to ride and the air filter is a royal problem every few thousand miles.

Installation of plugs were no problem once plastic was removed, the bike started and runs fine. I pulled the plugs once after putting 500 miles on the bike, no signs of problems, overheating or cold running. I then proceeded to ride from NM to Oregon knocking out about 600+ miles a day. Fuel mileage in the mid to upper 40's which is about the same as before. I'd recommend them as an alternate, check with the NAPA folks they will special order the things and you don't have to pay shipping.

Now, if I can just fix the damn clutch slave cylinder leak. I'm thinking of drilling the hole so I can see next time it fails.

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
+1 on the splitfires, just make sure you get the triple platinum ones (there are two kinds, the more expensive ones--which are the same price per plug as the standard BMW plugs--are the ones you want, they have a 60,000 mile lifetime, and are usually special order).

sparkplugs.com

you'll have them in about three days

you'll need a socket to fit 'em, I bought a deep-well socket from autozone and just pulled the rubber protective gasket from a cheap-ass spark plug socket of another size and put it in there...saved $8, and it worked just fine...take one of the plugs with you when you go shoppin.

I noticed a big difference in throttle response when I switched (I have an '04).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts