BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had real time experience with the NGK DCPR7EIX plug compared to the Bosch?
I question the single ground on the NGK as compared to the split ground on the Bosch.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I have a set that have been in for over 30,000 miles and they have worked just fine...I will change them fairly soon though.

Ron

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Don't know about experience but I did the 12k and used the NGK and don't seem to have any issues.

I ran them in a high compression V-Twin and they were fine there also.

That iridium is tuff stuff.

I don't think plugs or fuel or air filters need changed at 12,000 based on what I saw on mine at 12000. I will do it while my warranty is intact, but after that I will run the plugs, and air filer 24,000. I will hold judgment on the fuel filter after I do my 24K. At 12k I could not get any dirt out it no mater how hard I tried.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Iridium NGK DCPR7EIX spark plug & mnt

LAF said:
Don't know about experience but I did the 12k and used the NGK and don't seem to have any issues.

I ran them in a high compression V-Twin and they were fine there also.

That iridium is tuff stuff.

I don't think plugs or fuel or air filters need changed at 12,000 based on what I saw on mine at 12000. I will do it while my warranty is intact, but after that I will run the plugs, and air filer 24,000. I will hold judgment on the fuel filter after I do my 24K. At 12k I could not get any dirt out it no mater how hard I tried.
I notice you have a newer LT, did you notice any performance difference?
BTW I did my air filter @ 12K (way to soon), fuel filter AND metal quick connects @32K. (just for preventive maintenance.) Now time to do the air @ 40K....

·
Registered
461 Posts
Most all autos run platinum plugs for 100K , I have 30K on NGK IR plugs and see no change in then visually or performance / gas mileage . Just do not run so long as the gap opens up too much as this will run up the secondary coil voltage and this will increase the chances of coil pac failure from insulation breakdown .

Bob G

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Running on a set for 30K thus far ... no issues or replacement planned

·
Registered
181 Posts
Ditto
I'm at 30k + and still averaging between 38-41 mpg with my current set.
Have the replacements on the work bench. SparkPlugs.com

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
'03 LT; 7500 miles on the NGK's and no problems @ all...........I would have replaced with the Bosch plugs but hey...........bukz is bukz and the performance with the NGK's seems to be just dandy...................... :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Re: Iridium NGK DCPR7EIX spark plug & mnt

SmokinJoe said:
I notice you have a newer LT, did you notice any performance difference?
BTW I did my air filter @ 12K (way to soon), fuel filter AND metal quick connects @32K. (just for preventive maintenance.) Now time to do the air @ 40K....
I am not one who believes spark plugs give any performance gain. No matter what the hype. Even guys who Index Plugs say it is more for them, then performance.

So no, I did not notice any difference either in mileage or performance. Just the wallet :p

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I am running NGK DCPR7EIX on my 04 LT
and Split Fire on 03 LT.
Other than the slight sound difference they are about the same. Iridium sounds better and feels like an airplane......:)

SmokinJoe said:
Has anyone had real time experience with the NGK DCPR7EIX plug compared to the Bosch?
I question the single ground on the NGK as compared to the split ground on the Bosch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts