BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,138 Posts
Mitch_Rider said:
Hey All!
Just picked this up off the CCR website. Looks good!
Jeff
"MitchRider"

http://www.tan-tar-a.com/
We just saw it ourselves Jeff. Can't hardly wait for the registrations to open. We're gonna make this one!

John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AlaskaFish said:
We just saw it ourselves Jeff. Can't hardly wait for the registrations to open. We're gonna make this one!

John
Amen!

Jeff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,651 Posts
How many days to CCR? I am in Motana tonight, And after my visit back east I may just try and visit that place on my way to NM and Colorado. Maybe They will let me stay free as a goodwill jesture? The place looks pretty cool even if its in old MO.
 

·
Registered
1999 LTC
Joined
·
14,459 Posts
sanjaun2 said:
How many days to CCR? I am in Motana tonight, And after my visit back east I may just try and visit that place on my way to NM and Colorado. Maybe They will let me stay free as a goodwill jesture? The place looks pretty cool even if its in old MO.
It's worth a stop, Brian. Been there. Lotsa Toads - various colors!!

Don't know if you looked at Andy's latest banquet pics, butt a feller from Tan-Tar-A rides in the door on somethang that might interest the attendees at CCR '07. Or maybe my eyesight is failing me!!!!! Or maybe there's no connection after all!! Hmmmmm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,651 Posts
Dick,
I guess I need to go back and take another look at those pic's
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,338 Posts
Dick said:
It's worth a stop, Brian. Been there. Lotsa Toads - various colors!!

Don't know if you looked at Andy's latest banquet pics, butt a feller from Tan-Tar-A rides in the door on somethang that might interest the attendees at CCR '07. Or maybe my eyesight is failing me!!!!! Or maybe there's no connection after all!! Hmmmmm.
Maybe the next CCR will be a dualsport rally?:rolleyes:
I sure wish we were at this years CCR, but perhaps the vacation time will be available next year for sure.:D
 

·
IBR# 366
Joined
·
16,589 Posts
It's only an SS2K from Portland. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,651 Posts
Ken,
You are starting to sound like a North Westerner....... If you spend more days here than there, Its official
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
505 Posts
Osage Beach

We would really like to go as well, but the 2,000 miles still creates some time issues. I travel to Kansas City on business quite a bit and the weather this time of year isn't a drawing card for me. This is going to take some thought.

Here's some weather info for Osage Beach:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,276 Posts
Weather

Not sure what perfect is your neck of the woods, but yesterday we rode 400 miles in 70-80 degree sunshine with no wind. It was a perfect day! Not to say next year will be the same, but the odds are always up for grabs when it comes to the weather.

Cheers,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
505 Posts
I can only speak for myself

gdroege said:
Not sure what perfect is your neck of the woods, but yesterday we rode 400 miles in 70-80 degree sunshine with no wind. It was a perfect day! Not to say next year will be the same, but the odds are always up for grabs when it comes to the weather.
Gary,

You might have found it rather cool here today. It was in the 80's, but the humidity percentage only reached the 50's (which is rather high for us). I see the it is 75% humidity in Parkville right now. That would be front page news here!

Like a lot of folks that grew up in the NW, I'm not accustom to humidity like that. How you perceive the weather has a lot to do with what you are use to. I hope you wouldn't expect that everyone in the country would have the same perfect day. You might find mine rather gloomy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,451 Posts
reelman said:
Gary,

You might have found it rather cool here today. It was in the 80's, but the humidity percentage only reached the 50's (which is rather high for us). I see the it is 75% humidity in Parkville right now. That would be front page news here!

Like a lot of folks that grew up in the NW, I'm not accustom to humidity like that. How you perceive the weather has a lot to do with what you are use to. I hope you wouldn't expect that everyone in the country would have the same perfect day. You might find mine rather gloomy.
Hey Gary, If I'm to understand your posts, you never leave the NW because of weather?



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,032 Posts
Weather is always a bit "luck of the draw" -- the first few days at CCR this year were "steambath" hot (mid-90's with similar humidity -- extremely oppressive for us Yanks), but the last few days were very pleasant (80ish), other than having to dodge rain squalls now and then. It sounds like MO will probably be slightly cooler, but still pretty warm.



I must say, it makes a lot less sense (to me personally) to be going South in August (so the rest of us can suffer the heat/humidity with our Southern brethren) than it does to go North or to higher altitudes to provide them (and us!) some respite from the summer heat...but there are other factors involved in selecting a site for CCR, and it wouldn't be fair to have all of them in the North, either.



I will tell you that, during the coming year, the CCR Board is going to be considering "shaking things up" a bit for future CCRs, including the possibility of holding CCR on different dates (i.e., different seasons), so this might become less of an issue a few years from now. I personally wouldn't mind going to Arizona or Georgia in February, and places more Northerly in August...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Go North!

(Quote) I must say, it makes a lot less sense (to me personally) to be going South in August (so the rest of us can suffer the heat/humidity with our Southern brethren) than it does to go North or to higher altitudes to provide them (and us!) some respite from the summer heat.

I personally wouldn't mind going to Arizona or Georgia in February, and places more Northerly in August...[/QUOTE]

Bruce,
You hit the "nail on the head" as far as my sentiments go. My wife was raised in the south and as soon as Georgia was announced at Jackson last year, she said "no way the south in August!", so I immediately lost my riding partner.
I would definitley vote/volunteer to help on the scenario that you have suggested.
Jeff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
505 Posts
Now That's What I'm Talking About

Bruce_Yates said:
I will tell you that, during the coming year, the CCR Board is going to be considering "shaking things up" a bit for future CCRs, including the possibility of holding CCR on different dates (i.e., different seasons), so this might become less of an issue a few years from now. I personally wouldn't mind going to Arizona or Georgia in February, and places more Northerly in August...
Bruce,

This sounds great!! I also vote/volunteer to help on these ideas. Maybe some reconnaissance trips??? Good luck and thanks for listening.

Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,032 Posts
Jeff,

I can't make any promises...all I can do is assure you that I will use what little influence I have as a member of the Board to encourage that line of thinking.



Having said that, CCR is about SO much more than weather. Three of the six CCR's I've attended have been in the South (Hot Springs, AR...Gatlinburg, TN...Braselton, GA) at the same (VERY HOT) time of year, and I plan to attend every future CCR I can, even if they're in the same places at the same time of year! Getting to spend time with a great group of people with the same bike, the same interests -- at a venue where there are lots of LT-oriented vendors and lots of activities/seminars for riders as well as non-riding spouses...AND be able to raise money for a local charity that helps kids (this year we donated $21,000!) is an experience that can't be overstated.

The fact that the weather is good or bad is really the LEAST important aspect of CCR.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
505 Posts
I Agree

Bruce_Yates said:
Jeff,
Having said that, CCR is about SO much more than weather.
Bruce,

I totally agree! There is a big difference between not being a drawing card and being the deciding factor for not attending. I would never suggest the latter. Thanks again for the good info.

Dan
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top