BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Previous owner was clueless and knew nothing about the bike so I took some pictures to figure out what is what and how to fix things.

What is this alumum stub for on the left handle bar for?

The bike has a CB radio, this appears to be the power cable and antenna, I have an antenna at the back of the bike, but notice that the power is disconnected and the antenna cable is unplugged, any clue where this goes? and I assume that the positive goes to the battery... :)

Lastly the radio display has some smudges under the plastic and is not easy to read. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance and please let me know if I am posting too many questions or too often. I am really enjoying riding this bike and want to know as much as I can about.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
A less expensive version of a method used to mount XM Radios to handlebar area.. I came up with this technique some time ago.. Pic shows a chrome version installed on my old 1200GT...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
In picture #5 (going from left) the item on the left is the coax antenna connector for the CB which is in the oddments box in the next picture. In the last picture I'm not sure what you mean by "blanks". If you're referring to the the small window to the left, it shows the gear while the engine is running.

·
Registered
223 Posts
""Smudges" on the radio display are actually on the surface, usually (so I understand) the product of water deposits. Some denatured alcohol on a cotton ball will clear it up.

·
Premium Member
7,814 Posts
I don't have any answers for you, but I will be watching this thread to see if there is a solution to cleaning behind the clear cover over the instrument cluster. Something (not water) has run down the inside and created an unsightly blob that interferes with reading the tachometer.

Regarding asking too many questions: no worries! That's one of the main attractions of this site. My ratio of asking questions to answering others' questions is probably... 100 to 1! :eek:

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,171 Posts
Those "blanks" in the last photo normally have plastic posts and are for setting the clock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts