BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last few years I haven't been keeping up with the latest and greatest innovations that all the great minds around here think of so I need some opinions on something I just found.

The attached link is for "John Gemi" and he is supposedly a BMW Motorad engineer who is mapping newer computer chips for our bikes. I think he has 8 different stages of mapping?

https://www.facebook.com/JohnGS1100

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-PERFORMANCE-JOHNS-TUNING-CHIP-FOR-POWER-BMW-MOTO-K1200-LT-GT-RS-/122009057383?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

I have had from the very begging the Rhine West / Remus setup and have been very happy with it but was wondering if this guys offerings can improve upon what I have presently??

Opinions Please

Later Steve A

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the Stage 5 chip installed on my 2005 LT. It eliminated the bogging at low speed starts and has the made the bike very responsive throughout the RPM range. Great mod for $100.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Stage 5 chip installed on my 2005 LT. It eliminated the bogging at low speed starts and has the made the bike very responsive throughout the RPM range. Great mod for $100.
Are you familiar with the Rhine West chip we have had for over a decade? It eliminated that problem and the +/- 4000 rpm hesitation also.

I am wondering if the Stage 5 would be an equivalent to the Rhine West Chip.

I got a response from supplier of this newer chip and he said I should get the "Stage 6" and I am wondering what that would do? LOL

Thanks for getting back to me so fast. I hope I can get more people with experience with this newer chip to respond!

Later

Steve A

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sorry I am not familiar with the RW chip. John said the Stage 5 chip is the highest I could go with a factory setup and ensuring I always used 93 octane gas. Any higher stages would cause pinging unless I added mods like better exhaust or intake.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I have just fitted a stage 8, my bike is stock European model, the motor runs 95 or 98 Ron fuel only haven't ridden it anywhere yet.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stage "8" LOL What the heck is that as compared to a Stage "6"? Note that I current have a Remus Exhaust and Rhine west chip. Wish I could see the charts on all of these chips in one spot!

Thanks Steve A

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
He listed a stage 9 for bike with Remus and kn filter.. I am in Australia, we use different fuels to you lot.

Copied from my conversation with John,,,

The stage 8 works on full stock bike on premium 95 and 98 Ron fuel only, and the 9 works on a bike with K/N free air filter and de-cat system exhaust (has little more richer fuel).
If you bike is full stock you need the stage 8 chip, if has free air filter or de-cat sytem after market exhaust the stage 9 is the best chip.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He listed a stage 9 for bike with Remus and kn filter.. I am in Australia, we use different fuels to you lot.

Copied from my conversation with John,,,

The stage 8 works on full stock bike on premium 95 and 98 Ron fuel only, and the 9 works on a bike with K/N free air filter and de-cat system exhaust (has little more richer fuel).
If you bike is full stock you need the stage 8 chip, if has free air filter or de-cat sytem after market exhaust the stage 9 is the best chip.
Axle thanks for responding.

Have you seen any power charts on all of these stages. I have a Remus Exhaust and it shouldn't be much of a problem installing a K+N filter me thinks.

Later

1 - 8 of 8 Posts