BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another question: The front seat will not latch securely in either the low or high position. Is there an adjustment to move the seat back a bit so it will grab under the latch (fangs, teeth). Or an adjustment on the cross bar mounted on the seat? The pull knob (plunger) in the trunk works fine. But I really don’t have to pull it because the seat can pop up without it.

Any help would be appreciated …

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
There should also be a 'plate' under the seat that you can slightly adjust. Two screws running in slots and you can adjust the height of the crossbars in relation to the catch claws. Play with it a little to see if you can fine tune the latch. Also, I believe (not sure) that the catch claws unit can be adjusted - take a close look and see.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
It might also be that the rear seat was put on with it shoves slightly forward. The holes are big enough to allow this to happen. I had the same problem after having had the rear seat off and I just loosened the 2 screws for it and pushed it backwards, all is well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dick said:
There should also be a 'plate' under the seat that you can slightly adjust. Two screws running in slots and you can adjust the height of the crossbars in relation to the catch claws. Play with it a little to see if you can fine tune the latch. Also, I believe (not sure) that the catch claws unit can be adjusted - take a close look and see.

FIXED! Under the rear seat (which needs to be removed) there are 4 screws surrounding the latch (claw). Somehow that got pushed back. I loosened the screws and pushed the latch forward and BAM-O! Fixed!

The cross bar on the seat also needed to be adjusted a bit but I only did that to make it super snug. FYI. I ride on the high seat setting if that helps with anyone else with these problems.

Forums ROCK!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts