BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just writing a new message as one of the newest members to say hi. Today I am going to be looking at my first K-LT. I originally used this sight to get any information for the inspection. Boy, the information I found, and three hours latter, I can now at least feel more comfortable about a sound decision. My other bike is a R1100R. So now feel I will have the best of both worlds. Not to mention a happy wife for long trips. To keep this note short, once again Baloo, thanks a lot!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome Matt, I know you are going to fall in love with her when u see her. So I'll just say congrats now on your new LT.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Welcome and thanks for the nice intro post!

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Pictures of the purchase will be in order. Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is official, I now own 2002 BMW K1200LT. The machine has about 19000 miles on it (one of the lowest in mileage in my area). The machine came with everything--least to me everything, and I really like the color--grey. I have ridden almost 1000 miles in the first few days of owning her. I have given one bath and just upgraded the bulbs to piaa--they came with the the bike--so what the heck, I threw them on. Well, I still go to bed with a grin from ear to ear, and can not wait for my next road trip. Oh, if I did it right, I posted some pics on the sight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I added pic to the forum, hope it works, but just incase:
I ended up buying a 2002 K1200LT. Grey in color with all the bells and whistles. Only thing I do not like is the Navigation system. The screen is dim at best, and just hard to use - no manual for it. Do you recommend any good upgrades?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just got a '01 LT a few weeks ago and have never had a BMW before. It's a much different ride, but I agree ~ it's a smile maker! So, from one newbie to another, welcome & enjoy the ride!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts