BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm new to this forum, but have been a regular on the RT forum for a while. I currently have, and will continue to have, an 1150RT with an Autocom system. After spending all evening reading this forum, it is becoming evident that Autocom is not the best setup a person could have on an LT.

What brings me here is that I am in the process of buying an 00 LT; my wife says she'd ride more with me with the bigger pillion than that on the RT. So, I figured I'd try a used LT and see. I've found this 00 that I like and it's a one owner, all service work done at the dealer and it had 49K on it. The bike has a BC-1 intercom on it. This is one I am not familiar with, but I'm guessing it a Behr???? Not for certain though. Question for you all is: I, like most others, want to keep one helmet for both bikes. Will the BC-1 interface with the Autocom cables? Or is there an interface available? From what I've gleaned from the forum already, the Autocom is NOT compatible with the BMW intercom.

Thanks to all for allowing me into your corner of the internet, and thank you in advance for your input.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
WOW. Sorry to have bothered you.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Greg , As far as I know BC1 will only work with other BMW (J&M) com systems.
The BC1 was the original BMW system and does not have a good track record for reliability. The BC2 system was made by the J&M corporation but their headset components are not interchangeable with other J&M components. You can only buy the headsets and cords at a BMW retailer. Probably at BMW's request.
So that being said I dought that anything (over the counter) will connect your autocom to your BC1 .
As to your 2nd post. The people on this fourm are the most helpful bunch on the web. Please don't judge us just yet. You'll see if you hang around for a while.

Terry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts