BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my new-to-me 2006 LT has what I "think" is the original windshield. It has the BMW logo on it and also has what appears to be the National cycle(NC) logo on it. Not a huge fan of this windshield. First, when I have it raised up and I look through it, the optical distortion is quite evident. Also, coming off a GL1500, the air is noisier and offers less protection.

I've heard that Cee Baileys is the way to go. Looking online at their #2 Reverse Contour , will this have the same optical distortion?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hi Craig!
I've used both the original shaped windscreen (mfr by Cee Baily's), And the Cee Baily's #2 contoured screen, and I Much prefer the #2 shape. (so does the Pax). Very little' to no distortion, Nice wind protection.
The original screen sure looks cool on the bike......but I think that maybe "form over function" won out on that one.
I'm 5'8" & I like the CB #2 minus 2. If your a little taller, You might want to add an inch.
That's My recommendation..........other opinions abound.

·
Registered
847 Posts
#1 on the cee bailey # 2-2 for me also; you can see thorugh if you have to.
Great wind protection

Gary
2003 K1200LT

·
Registered
194 Posts
+1 on the #2 also. I went 2" taller than stock, which works well for me. I can see through it with little or no distortion, but can drop it down when needed.

·
Registered
185 Posts
and if your inclined, I went with the light gray tint, worked out very well, just enough to that the glare out, very good at night.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm going out today on my first significant ride and will determine if the stock size if good or if I want to up-size.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Take note that the reverse curve of the CB #2 inherently makes the screen higher.
If a stock 24" seems low to you..........the 24" CB #2 will not be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts