BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Newbie in the uk

830 views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Bimbler 
#1 ·
Hi guys

Just purchased a 2000 lt with only 9000 miles on it and so far really pleased i have it on the ramp at the mo and going to be doing some mods . Im upgrading the brake lines currently :smile:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

Check your clutch cable too. I bought a 2000 RT about a year ago and my clutch burned out. I suspect that the cable needed to be replaced and I didn't change it, so it bound up and caused the plates not to fully seat which burned them out.

#4 ·
No clutch cables in a LT they are hydraulic, :wink: why would you compare an LT with a RT anyway they are not the same bike.

Reactions: ozboxer and Geoff c
#6 ·
Theburnking Congratulations on your purchase the bike looks great . I just bought the 2016 R1200RT run out model here in Australia and love the bike , been a few years since I owned a BMW the last was a R1100RT back in the 90`s once then had a few Jap and American bikes. Glad to be back on a BMW although I must admit the Victory I had was nice bike but bloody heavy being double the weight of the RT.
Enjoy your bike and have a lot of fun with it ,most of all be safe.
Cheers
Geoff

#10 ·
I have just ordered my bluetooth headset for my new helmet and am going to use my phone as a radio player. I used a tape-to-mp3 adapter for listening to music on the speaker but it needs to be turned way up for listening pleasure. Rather than investing in new speakers for the bike I went with new speakers for the helmet. We will see how it goes once I get everything installed!

#11 ·
I use dice silver line pro, remove the stacker and it plugs in to the dice, then you can use ipod / phone etc and sound from the bike. I hate sound in the helmet I find it too distracting but that's me, love it coming out of the speakers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.