BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings from the far side all. I just signed up this evening. Although new here, I have been riding since 1968 when I started on a Honda 90. I eventually graduated up the scale to an R75/6 in 1977. Unfortunately had to sell that one in 1980 after ~50K miles. Took nearly 20 years, but got back in the saddle and started making up for lost time. Now have a nice variety of older bikes in the stable (including an R1100RT).

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Welcome from Buford GA.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Welcome from Idaho. I started in '68 as well.

Bob

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alrighty then! I've noticed there didn't seem to be many responses here and none from Texas. Not a big deal really but I didn't know where else to add this. Ten years ago I was writing a newsletter for our local BMW group and it seemed as time went by interest began to wane. I'm not quite sure why but after writing that monthly newsletter for six years I had grown weary of it and tried to pass the torch on to someone else. There was not a single bit of interest so the group pretty much disbanded after I published my last letter in October of 2006. All that said to now say, are there any members here from the Panhandle of Texas who might be interested in helping revive the old group, the Palo Duro Riders of Amarillo. At one point, we had about 65 receiving the newsletter either by E-mail or hard copy and would occasionally have as many as 30 show up for our monthly ride-eat-ride. I am nearing retirement and will soon have considerably more time to devote to a newsletter but would still like to have some help on it as well as finding riding partners for my new-found riding time in retirement.

Just as in the past, I'd like for the group to be more about riding than brand of bike, hence the Palo Duro Riders motto: "if you can spell BMW, come ride with us" :wink:

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts