BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad I was able to find this forum.
I am about to purchase a 2007 K1200LT with 8K miles.
Seems to have set for a while.
Dealer will change oil and tires.
Would anyone have recommendations on other service, at this time?
Service upgrades? I saw some discussion on replacing plastic fuel line clips.

Regards - Len

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Have the dealer also do a brake and clutch fluid change also the transmission and final drive. Since it has been sitting for a while you may also want them to replace the fuel filter, and that would get them to the tank quick connects. I seem to remember there was an upgrade to the quick connects but not sure, if they are plastic you should consider a replacement.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
johnbaker15 said:
Have the dealer also do a brake and clutch fluid change also the transmission and final drive. Since it has been sitting for a while you may also want them to replace the fuel filter, and that would get them to the tank quick connects. I seem to remember there was an upgrade to the quick connects but not sure, if they are plastic you should consider a replacement.
Use the Quick Disconnects (QD) from Racer Parts Wholesale. About $75 plus shipping.

In addition to motor oil and filter, might also get them to change out fluids in Transmission and Final Drive (FD). Since you do not know much about the history of the bike, is cheap peace of mind to start out with.

After you take possession, start a new thread asking about add-ons, or as we call them... Farkles! You will get all kinds of information that can suck down just about as much discretionary cash as you can get your hands on. That said, you can evaluate your options and prioritize your list.

Congrats on the new purchase and welcome to the neighborhood!

·
Registered
231 Posts
CaLenny said:
Glad I was able to find this forum.
I am about to purchase a 2007 K1200LT with 8K miles.
Seems to have set for a while.
Dealer will change oil and tires.
Would anyone have recommendations on other service, at this time?
Service upgrades? I saw some discussion on replacing plastic fuel line clips.

Regards - Len
I have 2007 with about 40k on it. I remember that at early stage (about 9-10k miles they replaced / upgraded the rear disc rotor because I was getting the famous cow bell sound. The new design still works well - no clanking sound on speed bumps.
You may want to check if your rotor is new design, if so no worries. Otherwise, you may negotiate the upgrade, because it was a recall.

BJ

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Yes, go for having all the fluids changed if you can swing it.

My 05 LT came from Pomona before it resided in Oklahoma City where I bought it and made it a Texan.................. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the great replies and pointers.

Discretionary expenses?

I thought all I had to do was buy the bike? Ha.

Regards - Len

1 - 6 of 6 Posts