BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from the OC in SoCal. I have been researching bikes by renting, riding and perusing the message boards. Made my decision and purchased a beautiful low mileage (18k) 2008 RT yesterday. Flew up to Sacramento in NorCal and bought from a retired motor officer who moved to a GS, and got a nice 425 mile ride home.

Thanks for all the advice I lurked from many of you to allow me (what I hope was) an informed decision on what to look for and buy. I am 55, recently retired and have never missed a season of off road or been without a bike since 1968. Other than a 2 year attempt to love a KTM 690, they have all been dirt though. I have a lot to learn :) guess I should start with a search on how to upload a photo.

Chris Roady

·
Registered
128 Posts
CWRoady said:
Greetings from the OC in SoCal. I have been researching bikes by renting, riding and perusing the message boards. Made my decision and purchased a beautiful low mileage (18k) 2008 RT yesterday. Flew up to Sacramento in NorCal and bought from a retired motor officer who moved to a GS, and got a nice 425 mile ride home.

Thanks for all the advice I lurked from many of you to allow me (what I hope was) an informed decision on what to look for and buy. I am 55, recently retired and have never missed a season of off road or been without a bike since 1968. Other than a 2 year attempt to love a KTM 690, they have all been dirt though. I have a lot to learn :) guess I should start with a search on how to upload a photo.

Chris Roady
Welcome! Hope you love your RT like I love mine, it's a fantastic bike.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Welcome aboard! Enjoy your new RT, it's a wonderful machine!

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Welcome... good to have you here.

Let us know if we can help with anything about the bike.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Welcome and I think you chose a good forum
I'm also a new RT owner and member here
I find everyone in this forum very helpfull

·
Registered
391 Posts
Welcome! Many happy and safe miles. You will find this site most informative, enjoy and let us know how you are liking the new machine.
Dave

·
Registered
34 Posts
CW,

I'm a retired motocross/enduro guy who finally bit the bullet 6 years ago and got my street license. And finally, last year, signed on with BMW and bot an 11 RT, my first street bike. Such an amazing machine. Good luck and happy trails.

David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.