BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A. D. Farrow is sponsoring their annual New Year's Day gathering at their new facility north of Columbus. It would be a good opportunity to dust off the bikes; meet there, ride together there, etc.; lunch afterwards? Lisa and I did this last year. It's not a group ride -- just show up, kick tires, have breakfast or lunch, ride home or do whatever.

Last year's weather was gray and chilly. Forecast for tomorrow is the same as last year, plus possibility of rain or flurries. If it's snowing, or raining and at freezing temps, we won't be there.

From their web site:

January 1 Polar Bear Ride!
Join us for this annual tradition! Show up when you want, stay as long as you wish, and head out whenever you choose! The fact that you are willing to get out on your motorcycle on the first day of the new year is good enough for us and we’ll even give you a FREE pin for your effort!

9:00 a.m. to 1 p.m. Flying J Truck Stop, NE corner, I-71/St. Rt. 37 (across Rt. 37 from new A.D. Farrow Co. Shop at NorthStar)

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
As my company threw in an additional holiday and thus stretched my time off this weekend to 5 days, we were within a breath of a drive/ride to Columbus, but alas, the kids all had plans. A New Years meet would have been fun before heading home.

Sorry we'll miss you. Have fun, and Happy New Year.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
hschisler said:
A. D. Farrow is sponsoring their annual New Year's Day gathering at their new facility north of Columbus. It would be a good opportunity to dust off the bikes; meet there, ride together there, etc.; lunch afterwards? Lisa and I did this last year. It's not a group ride -- just show up, kick tires, have breakfast or lunch, ride home or do whatever.

Last year's weather was gray and chilly. Forecast for tomorrow is the same as last year, plus possibility of rain or flurries. If it's snowing, or raining and at freezing temps, we won't be there.

From their web site:

January 1 Polar Bear Ride!
Join us for this annual tradition! Show up when you want, stay as long as you wish, and head out whenever you choose! The fact that you are willing to get out on your motorcycle on the first day of the new year is good enough for us and we’ll even give you a FREE pin for your effort!

9:00 a.m. to 1 p.m. Flying J Truck Stop, NE corner, I-71/St. Rt. 37 (across Rt. 37 from new A.D. Farrow Co. Shop at NorthStar)
Love to join ya Howard, except 150 miles (each way) in 15 deg "Real Feel" temps is a bit too nippy for this guy. :D

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PMitchell said:
Love to join ya Howard, except 150 miles (each way) in 15 deg "Real Feel" temps is a bit too nippy for this guy. :D
Understood, Paul. It's less than half that distance for us, and if it weren't for the Gerbing's jackets we wouldn't go either.

Another time! You too, John.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I went out and about yesterday and today. Didn't get the Gerbings for Christmas. If it is dry on New Years, I will think about it.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Anybody go? I came out of the barn to snow and the roads we covered with slush. But it is supposed to be in the 50's next week. I wish it would just get cold and freeze!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts