BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished my first 200 mile ride with my new 24 inch Werks Quiet ride windshield. For ref im 5'9" on a 2019 RT , stock seat in low position and no bar risers. Well as its Well as its name implies "Its a quiet Ride" in the lowest position I get just a little wind on my face as I almost always ride with my shield open slightly. Raise the screen aprox . 2 inches and its perfect. All the way up and Im looking through the screen and almost complete silence. With my stock RT comfort screen I was constantly adjusting it to get the best about of wind vs turbulence /noise and couldn't hear the radio very well at speed, actually thought the stereo was maybe inferior to the goldwing I just sold. In fact now with the new Works screen I found myself actually lowering the volume on the stereo as it was much clearer sounding. The best thing is that once I find the sweet spot for the screen I just set it and leave it , and Im always looking over the screen . Im very satisfied with this screen and can't wait to see how it affects my passenger. I want to thank the others on this forum for their posts regarding screens as this helped my decision between this screen and a V stream. Im sure that the v stream is a great screen but I couldn't finds many reviews, where there were many positive reviews for the Werks screen. I also want to thank Terry (the owner of Werks) as he was a pleasure to speak with much knowledge and was able to get me my new screen in a reasonable time during this crazy time (virus) we are in.

·
Premium Member
1,683 Posts
I am 6-3 (used to be 6-4) and have the max tall Werks shield on my two RTs. I use it year 'round and want nothing else.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Interesting, I too have the 24" QW windshield on my 17 RT. Have had it on for several years. Wondered today while riding if more air (in the warmer months) would be nice and swapped it out for the stock and wanted to try it tomorrow. Now I'm doubting my decision...lol

Guess I'll know tomorrow! Easy to swap back if I am wrong.

Sammy

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Interesting, I too have the 24" QW windshield on my 17 RT. Have had it on for several years. Wondered today while riding if more air (in the warmer months) would be nice and swapped it out for the stock and wanted to try it tomorrow. Now I'm doubting my decision...lol

Sammy

I’ll be anxious to hear your close comparison report. I’m really considering getting a Werks for my 15 RT

·
Registered
253 Posts
Interesting, I too have the 24" QR windshield on my 17 RT. Have had it on for several years. Wondered today while riding if more air (in the warmer months) would be nice and swapped it out for the stock and wanted to try it tomorrow. Now I'm doubting my decision...lol

Sammy

More air flow on my head and arms with the stock windshield, but no where near as quiet. Really missed that quiet bubble from my 24" QR shield. Glad I have it to go back to.

Sammy

·
Registered
467 Posts
I bought my 26" Werks Quiet Ride windscreen a couple of months ago and really love it. The wind noise and buffetting is much improved... I am running the audio system in my helmet at lower volume with better sound and I can take/make a phone call (which I do rarely) that I couldn't have done before.

I am 5'11", 32" inseam, and I run my Sargent seat in the high position.

Terry (aka RealShelby) suggested the 26" screen for me and he was spot on in my opinion. The screen is only raised a few inches to achieve the smooth quiet air around me, and I look comfortably over the screen at all times.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'd like to order one but they have suspended orders for the time being (ever since Apr 17th) due to Covid-19. :frown:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a 2015 RT with the Werks windscreen. I do like the windscreen a lot for the quiet ride; however, I do change back to the stock windshield in the hotter summer months to get the greater wind flow.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Count me as another one waiting to order a screen. 6'2" on a 2019 R1250RT, stock seat in high position. I'm guessing the 26" is what I want.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can’t go wrong with the Werks. I have the 26” on my 17 RT. I’m 5’11-32 inch inseam with RDL on lowest setting. Talk with Terry b4 you order. He’ll guide you in the right direction.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I was cruising down the freeway today with my visor up at 100mph lol WERKS shield works really well, I also have the 26" and a 34" inseam. Normally I don't ride with my visor up, always afraid of something smacking me in the eye, but it was HOT today!!! >:)

·
Registered
84 Posts
What do you-all think about clear vs tinted screens?

I'd like the looks of a light tint screen for my black RT, but worry that for video blogging the clear color is the way to go . . . just personal choice I guess.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I don't vlog, but I do have a camera that shoots through my screen. On my old bike I had a tinted visor and I did not like the video it gave. It was not a dark tint, it was their "gray" or light tint. I personally like the look of a tinted shield, but if you vlog that might be a reason not to have one. I guess you could always just lower the shield so its not in the shot as much when vlogging, but then you might get a lot more wind noise depending on your mic setup. My current WERKS shield is the clear one, and I have an arm on my right bar that my camera sits on behind the shield.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I don't vlog, but I do have a camera that shoots through my screen. On my old bike I had a tinted visor and I did not like the video it gave. It was not a dark tint, it was their "gray" or light tint. I personally like the look of a tinted shield, but if you vlog that might be a reason not to have one. I guess you could always just lower the shield so its not in the shot as much when vlogging, but then you might get a lot more wind noise depending on your mic setup. My current WERKS shield is the clear one, and I have an arm on my right bar that my camera sits on behind the shield.
Thanks for your comments and observations . . . . they have helped me makeup my mind. I reckon I'll go with a clear screen for overall maximum flexibility :sun:

·
Registered
467 Posts
What do you-all think about clear vs tinted screens?

I'd like the looks of a light tint screen for my black RT, but worry that for video blogging the clear color is the way to go . . . just personal choice I guess.
The tint is very slight, but enough that it looks slick on the bike. It shouldn't be an issue at all for a vlog IMO.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts