BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be a lot of riders that are trying to find a way to install the GXM-30 XM reciever on there bike. I designed a bracket that allowed me to mount it next to my Zumo and out of the way. It is powder coated steel so the magnetic base can be used. I have also incorporated counter sunk holes that allow me to hard mount it to the plate as well. On the bottom I have added 3 wire tie pads so I can wire tie the extra cable under the plate and out of the way. I made this bracket to be used on my LT but it can be used on any mount that has the Garmin 4 hole pattern motorcycle mounting setup.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Alternative Method

I attached the Zumo to my cupholder mount. I can easily remove both for washing and while driving around town.

I attached the Inno to the center compartment with velcro patches (including one between the mount and Inno itself).

I had to install only three wires through the tupperware (two power, one antenna, which is mounted (with velcro) to the left handlebar). I have a Cardo FM Rider headset, through which I receive Zumo sound via bluetooth and Radio via FM.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts