BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen the new victory? If that is not a copy of the LT, I don't know what is. The body design is very much like the LT. I didn't get into the specifics but I am sure you can find them on there website. This just goes to show you that the body design on the LT is really something special.

I have been going back and forth with a Harley guy at work for months now about the sleekness of the LT. He favors old school.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Not sure it's a copy but has similar lines. The Vision seemed HUGE sitting on it! I have yet to ride one. The 03 Victory Vegas I owned was the best fit and finish of ANY bike I have owned to date. I think I will hold on to my LT for a while. It prob is not the "best" in any catagory but does it all together very well. The LT might be the "Best" in mpg in it's class.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I rode it and my wife and I loved it. I still bought a RT thinking it would be sporty enough to keep me happy and comfy enough for 2-up. I love commuting on the RT by myself, not near as much w/ wife... I don't think there is another bike that gives so much room for 2-up riding...

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, one of the Vision designers used to be on the BMW LT team. So it would be no surprise that it favors the LT. I agree that it has several cues from the LT.

Randy

·
Registered
558 Posts
The pictures I have seen the most of the new Victory looks to be Canyon Red like my LT. It really looks like a family member for mine anyway.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I looked at it and rode it at Daytona, there were things about it that were nice, the fairing does a good job of keeping the wind off and the one I rode had the lower wind wings, when they were closed (turned out) the engine heat was VERY noticeable. Open them and they deflected enough wind to take that away.

The controls, especially the radio/stereo controls look cheap and added on and are difficult to work if moving, if you are wearing gloves it really is bad.
On the positive the motor delivers good power for a V-Twin and it's delivery is much smoother than my Harley I ran it down to 1300 or so in 6th gear and it would cruise along fine not bucking or laboring, I did not try to accelerate from that RPM in 6th cause well not even I put them in that much strain. The rider/handlebar relationship is good and the seat was comfortable although I was only on it for a half hour or so, the floorboard position is very much like a Harley as is the shifter and brake pedal, other than the radio controls everything else was pretty good. The luggage on this bike is TERRIBLE the saddlebags are small even though they look huge! The trunk is oddly shaped but large enough to get helmets as well as some gloves in. With so much planning and forethought to a different bike with a totally different appearance having overlooked the luggage the way they did is almost inexcusable.

My overall impression from the ride was good, I would purchase one but not a new one and especially at the prices they are demanding now but given a little time that will change. The drawback to owning one of these for me would be that it would require me to tow a trailer when taking trips there is just not enough luggage room with the goofy saddlebags to go for more than a weekend with a passenger/wife but I sometimes do tow a trailer now so I guess that would not be such an inconvenience.

If you have a chance take one for a ride I think you will find it to be OK but for me it certainly does not mimick the appearance of the LT nor would I consider replacing my LT with one, however there is the Harley!

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
The old story with bikes. You get a good looking one or a practical one.
The K1200lt is the exception to the rule.
That Victory looks the business, but the carrying capacity looks a joke!

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
OK.

I give up.

What is a Victory?

Since I'm not in the market for a new bike, I don't pay attention to any bikes.

Bob

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
look up "victory vision" . I think I will stick to the LT.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
BecketMa said:
OK.

I give up.

What is a Victory?
"Victory" is a manufacturer. Mostly cruisers, but now they have some resemblance of a long-distance tourer called the "Vision". You'll either love it, or hate it, I guess. I think it looks kinda like a Jetson's mobile, if you could ride a bike in space. ;)

BecketMa said:
Since I'm not in the market for a new bike, I don't pay attention to any bikes.
Smart man. :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
OU812 said:
Does it have a lower seat then the LT? :confused:
:rolleyes:
Much lower -- it's listed at 26.5 inches...I would be dragging my knees on it.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
messenger13 said:
"Victory" is a manufacturer. Mostly cruisers, but now they have some resemblance of a long-distance tourer called the "Vision". You'll either love it, or hate it, I guess. I think it looks kinda like a Jetson's mobile, if you could ride a bike in space. ;)

Smart man. :)
HEY! That's why I bought the LT..... :rotf: I think it looks like the bike George Jetson would ride.

Randy

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I started this thread just to show the similarity in design. I would much rather have my LT. What I was trying to point out is that the designer used some of the LT sleekness in this ride. In my humble opinion, if you take away the pointed back end on the luggage, It would really resemble the LT. I find it peculiar that a company that went after Harley designs in the past has now copied a BMW.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
I don't think it looks like an LT, I don't like the looks at all.
The back looks like a scooter.
The front looks Japanese.
The middle looks like it will roast your chestnuts on an open fire.
But hey, to each there own.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I think the front looks more like a new style RT (from the side) than an LT. I think that the designers went home one night and the janitor finished the design. From the front it looks like Chukko the clown!

·
Registered
101 Posts
dmatson said:
I think the front looks more like a new style RT (from the side) than an LT. I think that the designers went home one night and the janitor finished the design. From the front it looks like Chukko the clown!

+1

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Doesn't look like my LT.
Bob

1 - 19 of 19 Posts