BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a new toy yesterday. 2001 Suziki Bandit with a Hannigan sidecar. HIghly modified suspension and center hub steering. Thing handles like a porsche. Flew down to Nashville and then got a ride north to Hannigan's Plant in Murray KY. Got a neat tour of the plant and met Dave and Ruth Hannigan. Then a fairly rugged ride 450 miles back to Chicago area in 28 degree temps. Missed the full fairing and heated seat of my LT I can tell you. Saw a customer picking up a new '06 LT with a trike conversion. They were allso building an 06 LT with the full size Astro 2+2 sidecar and center hub steering with car tires....going to be sweet but big money$ around $40,000.

Upper 30's here today...time to go for a ride.

Ron

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
Cool ! thanks for sharing the pictures . The Hannigan's are nice folks...Patric ...

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Karen and I were down there for hannigan's 30th anniversary to pick up our trike.
Dave hannigan took the local Sheriff for a 100+ mph ride in a competition side car then told him he was ready for the ticket when they got back to the shop.........and by the way the tech could finish bolting the side car down......
Sheriff said he couldn't give Dave a ticket cause he liked the ride alot......
Sheriff handed out the door prizes at dinner that night.......................................Great Folks in KY.......

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
So Ron, what bike are you taking down to Daytona this year? You missed it last year and this might be my last one so we have our annual Knoxville/DealsGap/Cherohala run to do. The SuziHannigan would be pretty unique.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts