BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm new to the forum.
I have a 1999 LT and have had no problems with it (40,000 miles). I'm thinking about trading it in on a brand new LT. Is there a big slow speed handling difference between my model and the newer LT's. I've heard after 2004 that the front end geometry was changed and it makes the bike easier to handle at slow speeds.
The other question is do you really think that BMW might come out with the LT with the newer 6 cyl engine in the next year or so. Thanks for your input. :wave
Oh by the way I've ridden since i was 15 (now 50) this being my 5th bike I Love it and would only buy another one......

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
Eddybilt said:
Hello,
I'm new to the forum.
I have a 1999 LT and have had no problems with it (40,000 miles). I'm thinking about trading it in on a brand new LT. Is there a big slow speed handling difference between my model and the newer LT's. I've heard after 2004 that the front end geometry was changed and it makes the bike easier to handle at slow speeds.
The other question is do you really think that BMW might come out with the LT with the newer 6 cyl engine in the next year or so. Thanks for your input. :wave
Oh by the way I've ridden since i was 15 (now 50) this being my 5th bike I Love it and would only buy another one......
Welcome! What took ya so long?

Yeah, I'd wait for the 6cyl... if you want new engine, etc..

If you want similar riding comfort/pose, I would suggest getting a new LT... before they go away..

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
+1 on getting a new one, but I'd wait for the second year...(when ever thats going to be) let the suckers take the brunt of the new improved, recalls, failures etc...

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I (WE) love my 06 but will look at a second year K1600lt with the transverse 6 cyl.
BTW you will get a steal on a 2009 during the off season (summer in FL)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks,
Just curious has anyone purchased a new bike out of state and had issues registering it in California???? Hell I could buy one in FLA if the price is right..... And break her in bringing her home to Cali by way of NY/Washington.....
My longest rides have been to Cabo San Lucas and Alb NM
:dance: :dance:

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Not enough difference in the two to justify a large outlay of cash especially when the new ones will be out next year...

Wait for the new LT....Unless you just can't live without the power center stand...

John

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Eddybilt said:
Thanks,
Just curious has anyone purchased a new bike out of state and had issues registering it in California???? Hell I could buy one in FLA if the price is right..... And break her in bringing her home to Cali by way of NY/Washington.....
My longest rides have been to Cabo San Lucas and Alb NM
:dance: :dance:
I've not had the chance to do so with a bike, but a car. The bike would be easier as there is no smog requirement (YET! :mad: ) as long as you have the paperwork in order (bill of sale, title and insurance) you'll be fine. If the price is right, shipping may be an option as well. But, do a search on craiglook and there are plenty localish...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks again....I think I'm gonna wait and see.....I would like a new ride for retirement. An LT with a 6 would be worth the wait....if it's available next year week..... Planned on getting a new one in June or July 2010.... time is on my side... :bmw:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts