BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:bmw:

Hi all. I am new to the community. I have been riding BMW's for some time now and enjoy them.

My current bike is a 2002 BMW K1200LT Elite. I see a lot of really nice add ons that everybody has put on their bikes here.

I plan on doing a few add-on's like, new windshield, J-pegs, and lowered foot pegs. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

I look forward to being apart of your community, thanks.

:bmw:​

·
Registered
938 Posts
Welcome! Im in the same position with getting something to stretch out my legs. I sat on Randy's bike down in NC saturday and i thought the Highway Ottomon's felt very comfortable. You can adjust them quite a bit for your liking. Plus they are a lot cheaper. Coming home i fould the rubber on the fairing sides is very comfortable for a little while. Hope you enjoy your LT as much as me.

Only having mine for about 2 months. This weekend I learned to shift with as little clutch as possible. Makes it much nicer.

Also when i bought it, the bike was supposed to be serviced and my brake fluid looked horrible. Even if they said they did service it, I would double check it.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
JPS said:
:bmw:

Hi all. I am new to the community. I have been riding BMW's for some time now and enjoy them.

My current bike is a 2002 BMW K1200LT Elite. I see a lot of really nice add ons that everybody has put on their bikes here.

I plan on doing a few add-on's like, new windshield, J-pegs, and lowered foot pegs. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

I look forward to being apart of your community, thanks.

:bmw:​
welcome to the mad house Patrick.... You might look at a set of "Mick-o-Pegs" instead or J-Pegs They let your foot hang more strieght down but.. with suport ;)

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Total immersion means signing up quickly for Curve Cowboy Reunion :D

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Welcome

Been hanging around here for a little over one year. Put about 27,000 miles on my LT and got a heck of a lot of help from the guys on this sight to service my bike. :)

None other like it on the net that I've found. :bmw:

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
JPS said:
:bmw: Thanks for the welcomes. I only have 5800 miles on my bike right now. I hope to hook up with other Michigan BMW riders so we can at least break this bike in :dance:​
Hey Patrick,

Let's do a RTE for a Sunday breakfast or lunch. (Although this Sunday is shot.) I'm sure we can russle together some other LTers al well. I look forward to meeting you and checking out the new ride.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Welcome to the K riders

Patrick,

Welcome. If you get to OH, let me know. Rode my LT hard for four yerars then moved to the GT last summer. You can meet a lot of good people in this gang.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Matt said:
Hey Patrick,

Let's do a RTE for a Sunday breakfast or lunch. (Although this Sunday is shot.) I'm sure we can russle together some other LTers al well. I look forward to meeting you and checking out the new ride.​

That would be great if we could get a group together and do a breakfast ride Matt.

Rob, how do you like the GT?

This weekend is shot for me too. I have some spare time over the next few weeks, then it is a week at the Silver Lake Sand Dunes doing a film shoot with the Can-Am Renegade 800 :rotf:​

1 - 12 of 12 Posts