BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my first LT, a 2009. I've been a member here for years and still have lots of questions. First is the GPS hook-up. My bike came with the wiring and mount but no cradle and no GPS. Is there a current Zumo I can plug and play? I just want GPS, Sirius radio and such is of no concern to me.
Next is the alarm. I have key fobs with buttons and an led. Do I need to have this in proximity to the bike to ride? Does this mean I have an alarm and remote locking as well?
Lastly, I have the intercom and in the cd area there are lots of connectors and a knob. I can't figure it out. Can I hook up my iPhone? Is there a way to charge it in that compartment?
Thanks and if anyone is in CT can we meet up so I can pick your brain?

·
Registered
787 Posts
I have a 2007 and you should get manuals for the bike, the manuals are packed with lots of info on how stuff works. I have five manuals, a manual for the anti theft and remote locking, Intercom 2 and sound system, maintenance/service info, owners manual and warranty info. It also came with key codes , alarm codes and radio codes. So try and find those on ebay or beemer boneyard.

Good Luck with your new bike.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
I just got my first LT, a 2009. I've been a member here for years and still have lots of questions. First is the GPS hook-up. My bike came with the wiring and mount but no cradle and no GPS. Is there a current Zumo I can plug and play? I just want GPS, Sirius radio and such is of no concern to me. RESPONSE: Not to my knowledge. If there is another which would plug and play in the stock cradle, it would be obsolete anyway and difficult at best to update any maps or data bases. I removed the Nav III cradle and installed a Garmin 590LM in its' place.

Next is the alarm. I have key fobs with buttons and an led. Do I need to have this in proximity to the bike to ride? RESPONSE: No, but if you have used it to lock the bike with the central locking system, you would need to use the fob to centrally unlock the bike, or unlock each lock individually.

Does this mean I have an alarm and remote locking as well? RESPONSE: Yes.

Lastly, I have the intercom and in the cd area there are lots of connectors and a knob. I can't figure it out. Can I hook up my iPhone? RESPONSE: No. I hooked up my iPhone to the 590LM and my Scala G9 helmet communications unit via bluetooth.

Is there a way to charge it in that compartment? RESPONSE: No. If you want to charge your iPhone, you can use one of the three powerlet outlets on the bike.

Thanks and if anyone is in CT can we meet up so I can pick your brain?
Good luck with your new-to-you bike - they're really excellent for long distance touring. See above responses to your questions.... :sun:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have most of those manuals but the radio one looks like it's for the R1200CLC.

What's needed to get the 590 to work on the LT? Will the wires just plug & play?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts