BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received a stingray complete with all sorts of goodies from a donor '03 LT. It has the Comsystem, CD and all the creature comforts. The question I have is the connections to the Bike. Looking at the underside of the stingray, I have what I believe (working from Memory) and extra connection point. There is a red and black (separate) that terminate at a black connector that looks non-BMW. it originates inside the stingray. Possible extra hot lead? all the power and ground should be in the stock harness, correct? any thoughts? the connector is rather large, two of the four "pin" holes are used for the red and black wires...

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
That sounds like it may be the connector for the GPS audio input to the Comm System. But I cannot be sure.

John

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If my phone would send pics, I'd show you all. As for the GPS response. I do not think so, it would appear that I have a GPS lead. with no where to connect it, that I can find. As for the quick connect in question IT IS A BMW CONNECTOR. (a small stamp in the side tells me so!) Two leads (red/black) going from a four pin connector (the other two pins are removed) tracing the wire goes to the back of the stingray, under the bubble. I am asking the question without tools and from work, so I will apologize if this is a "no brainer"

Does anyone know what powers the Comsystem. (i.e. a separate power lead) this is what I am thinking at this point.

Thank you to everyone for looking, but hey take a guess. I won't know its b.s. until later!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A quick run to the dealer this morning (I got out without spending $$) the conclusion was made that the quick connect in question is the power source for the unit. Could not figure out why with all the connections behind the radio they did not tap in there. i reck'n its a amp/draw issue. Other than figuring out where to tap a switched source of power all is good again in the universe...

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts