BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left with dealer to store for winter months. Come on spring!!! This bike, with 20k on the clock, will eventually be garaged in MI. The current MI bike (85 R80RT) will be up for sale closer to spring 2019. Will really miss her, but met another very clean "K" that gives me more space for my knees.

Have fun,
Jer

1997 K1100LT - 2.jpg

1997 K1100LT - 1.jpg

Reactions: RadarVector

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,168 Posts
That is one nice looking bike there Jerry, bet you can't wait for spring time!

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
+1, don't believe I have seen that paint code before. Are the lowers painted darker on the front or is that the angle?

Refreshing to see owner of an older Brick NOT wanting to strip it and cut the rear loop to make it a "unique" cappuccino racer that looks like all the others. =-}

Come introduce yourself on motobrick.com where they specialize in the older bricks, though there are many knowledgeable here too...

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is one nice looking bike there Jerry, bet you can't wait for spring time!
Thanks, John. Makes the fever even stronger knowing there's some new excitement waiting.

Have fun,
Jer

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
+1, don't believe I have seen that paint code before. Are the lowers painted darker on the front or is that the angle?

Refreshing to see owner of an older Brick NOT wanting to strip it and cut the rear loop to make it a "unique" cappuccino racer that looks like all the others. =-}

Come introduce yourself on motobrick.com where they specialize in the older bricks, though there are many knowledgeable here too...
Thank you. It is a two-tone paint job. Not sure, yet, about the color naming, but silver on black. I read that there was a '97 version called 'Highline' that has
a different paint scheme and more chrome. Not sure mine has more chrome than other years, but the two-tone sets it apart. Dealer didn't know about it
being an 'SE' or 'Highline' or both. No chrome that I can find other than the engine guards.
Yes, original owner took REAL good care of the bike. No reason not to grab it. Having three never-been-uesed BMW bags come with it cinched the deal.
I subscribed to k-bikes.com, but no one has responded about the question of model. I will certainly join motobrick.com. Thanks for the heads up!

Have fun,
Jer

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
Maybe the paint code under the seat will uncover which model it is?
Might also run the vin, as it may show up there too.

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe the paint code under the seat will uncover which model it is?
Might also run the vin, as it may show up there too.
With paint code and VIN, where would someone look for further information?

Thanks,
Jer

·
Premium Member
627 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Come on now =-}

Google BMW vin code and you get several like this one - https://www.mdecoder.com
Google BMW paint code and you get several like this one - Paint Codes
Many thanks, but not finding the info I really want. What makes a '97 K11LT an SE or Highline? I've worn Google out trying to find those answers. Also have searched extensively on BMWLT.com, K-bikes.com, motobrick.com & K11og.org.
Knowing that there are descriptions of the K12LT's Standard, Icon & Custom on this site, so was hoping there could also be for the K11LT.
Since body type, on mdecoder, has no entry, I'm not sure if I should rule out either SE or Highline.

Have fun,
Jer

·
Registered
69 Posts
Highline was UK version of the SE I believe. K1100LT-SE was the one I remember seeing in the US (I had a standard 1995 K1100LT).

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Stan (again),

That's some sticker shock for the cruise! The K12LT is used for the LD touring, so no real need for it on the K11LT. But,
having added highway pegs, stainless brake lines and a GPS, the K11 is now everything I need it to be. But, then, farkle-mania
has been know to happen. :)

Have fun,
Jer

1 - 13 of 13 Posts