BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
I have no experience or opinion on Shinko tires. I run Road 5 GT's.

However, I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight if I missed posting on a tire thread.

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do...:p

·
Registered
45 Posts
I got Shinkos on my DL650. Run them till they are done and enjoy the bike.
Similar experience with the Shinkos on my Yamaha Virago. Run 'til they're done and enjoy the ride.

Reactions: rhansen

·
Premium Member
209 K1200LT and 2021 R1250RT
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Similar experience with the Shinkos on my Yamaha Virago. Run 'til they're done and enjoy the ride.
Thanks. I was not intending to start a tire tread🤦‍♂️ I was just asking about the tire since I had never even heard of them 🤔

·
Registered
2014 R1200RTLC
1 Posts
I had Shinko's on a 2005 Kawasaki Concours for about 2k miles so I can't speak to longevity, but they handled as well or better than the Avons or Dunlops I had on it previously. That said, I really love the Dunlop Roadsmart III's on my 2014 wethead, so much more confidence-inspiring than the Michelins that came off.

·
Registered
'22 1250 GSA next week. '17 RTW ready to trade.
238 Posts
Just purchased a used 2021 RT,. It has fairly new Shinko R009 Raven tires, I have never heard of this brand so I am asking if anyone has experience with this brand. I rode the bike home in the rain and rode 500 miles, no issues, but coming from an LT with ME888s I would like to know what to expect from these tires and if I should consider what my next set should be. Will be riding two up on longer trips with this bike, Like the first 500 miles!

Thanks
Rick
Rick: My information is that they are good sport bike tires that probably won’t last long. “Enjoy them and replace sooner than usual. I put a rear Shinko on my 1200 RT at a Honda/Suzuki dealer in Nashville when my Michelin PR3 finally corded after 13k. It got me home and a lot. more. Great handling and great in rain too. They’re single compound tires and don’t have that hard rubber in the center like a good sport touring tire so less miles possible but good tires otherwise.

Reactions: rhansen

·
Registered
2018 R1200RT
261 Posts
Thanks. I was not intending to start a tire tread🤦‍♂️ I was just asking about the tire since I had never even heard of them 🤔
Lol, part of the reason for the "New tire thread" 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 comment, is that it's a natural question, we all ask it as some time or another. There are no "right" or "wrong" answers about tires, maybe some "better" answers, but in the end, it's all subjective. Riders have different styles, ride in different areas (some hotter, some much colder, etc) and conditions, and we all have different experiences with different tires.

Plus, like me, we're all "talkative" online, more than willing to post our own nonsense to "help" someone else. 🤣🤣🤣

So the "oh, no, another tire thread" comment was DEFINITELY not targeting you specifically. It's more of a running joke.

Feel free to ask any and all of the most inane questions you come up with. (I mean, why should you be different than the rest of us? 🙃🙄😁)

·
Premium Member
209 K1200LT and 2021 R1250RT
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Rick: My information is that they are good sport bike tires that probably won’t last long. “Enjoy them and replace sooner than usual. I put a rear Shinko on my 1200 RT at a Honda/Suzuki dealer in Nashville when my Michelin PR3 finally corded after 13k. It got me home and a lot. more. Great handling and great in rain too. They’re single compound tires and don’t have that hard rubber in the center like a good sport touring tire so less miles possible but good tires otherwise.
Thanks

21 - 27 of 27 Posts