BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking my wife on her first long multi day trip on my 04 R1150R, I meet a fellow BMW owner who is stuck in an intersection. After getting him into a parking lot, and a few words later I am now a proud owner of a 05 K1200lt with under 3000 miles on it. (For $9000.00) My question for the more experienced................I changed the oil and filter already. Should I go ahead and get the 6,000 service now or wait? Thanks

·
Registered
519 Posts
dsrich said:
Taking my wife on her first long multi day trip on my 04 R1150R, I meet a fellow BMW owner who is stuck in an intersection. After getting him into a parking lot, and a few words later I am now a proud owner of a 05 K1200lt with under 3000 miles on it. (For $9000.00) My question for the more experienced................I changed the oil and filter already. Should I go ahead and get the 6,000 service now or wait? Thanks
I would do all the service ( oil & filter, brake & clutch flush,tranny and FD change) and check the date of the tires. If you have some basic skills, you could do most of the work yourself and save a ton of money!!

Check this site, most if not all the info for servicing the LT is here!!
Hall of Wisdom is loaded with downloadable files.

Good luch and welcome to the site!

Bowdon

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
Congrats to ya! Sorta interested in the rest of the story.....

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Welcome aboard. When you ain't riding, this is a great place to be. :)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Welcome aboard Dale, you have come to the right place for good info and help. As said in the post above, do the complete service(that will give you a bench mark as well). You have low miles, but you have age on your bike. The brake fluid should be changed yearly and as Bowden said, check the tire date and look for signs of dry rot.

I too would like to hear the rest of the story.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts