BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my new to me 2003 K1200LT. I love the bike so far.
Previously owned K75, K100RS, R1100RT, R1200GS. I must say this has
the best ride of them all. I've had the bike about a week now and have added 1000 miles to the bike. The bike to me was a bargain. 4600 miles on it
when picked up from the dealer. They received it as a trade on a new Triumph. In turn I traded in my R1200GS for pretty much an even trade. It was even after I sold off all the accessories. So I just wanted to say hello.
I've already done a few things from this forum and they are excellent. (cut the brown wire, changed the throttle cables, replaced the shifter linkage).
For anyone interested I've changed my shifter linkage to heim joints designed for go carts. They are a lot more durable the stop linkage and very smooth along with no play. Next time I have the bike apart I'll take some pics of the linkage.

Brian :dance:

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
welcome, hope you enjoy it as much as some of us do

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey fellow Westfield-tonian! Is that what we're called?! LOL Moved here from Arkansas and still don't know what we're called...LOL

Anyway....I live just passed the Mass Pike entrance. Lets get together and do some riding!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I see you're up by WSC. Nice area. I'm up off of Southampton Rd just after the Mobil station. If you don't mind riding with a guy on a Sportster, I'm always looking for people to ride with and see new areas. I have become real fond of riding up in Vermont.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Massachusians galore! Helloooo out there! I live near Framingham and only recently have discovered the wonderful roads out by Springfield neighborhood. Hopefully we can hook up for a ride sometime (if you don't mind being joined by British iron until I can afford the new ride).

-Dave

·
Registered
860 Posts
bghubr said:
For anyone interested I've changed my shifter linkage to heim joints designed for go carts. They are a lot more durable the stop linkage and very smooth along with no play. Next time I have the bike apart I'll take some pics of the linkage.

Brian
Please do... I'm interested... Never thot about g-kart kits...

·
Registered
9 Posts
used2jeep said:
Massachusians galore! Helloooo out there! I live near Framingham and only recently have discovered the wonderful roads out by Springfield neighborhood. Hopefully we can hook up for a ride sometime (if you don't mind being joined by British iron until I can afford the new ride).

-Dave
Where in Western Mass? I am in Westfield. And I have to ask........you like the Springfield roads? Meet me at my house and I will show you what nice rides are all about!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also just purchased a new to me 2000 K1200Lt
I am going to pick up next Thursday and ride it about 800 miles home.
I am not very familiar with these (other than what I have seen and heard)
Is there anything I should watch out for.
I noticed in an earlier post something about a brown wire??
Very excited, can't wait!!
:)
Chris

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Everyday on this site is more informative

Today I removed I cd changer to replace it with the Ipod interface.
Tried doing a lot of research on my own but found a lot of information here.
I still have not made a decision on which device to use. I'm debating between the Dice unit, USA Spec, and the BMW unit sold for the 325i.
I heard of problems with the USA Spec unit but it was the older model. The dice unit works, but now I'm real curious as to wether the device developed by BMW and Apple will work on the LT. Also just purchased the throttle cable upgrade and can't wait to get that installed. That is tomorrows project.
:dance:

·
Registered
860 Posts
bghubr said:
Today I removed I cd changer to replace it with the Ipod interface.
Tried doing a lot of research on my own but found a lot of information here.
I still have not made a decision on which device to use. I'm debating between the Dice unit, USA Spec, and the BMW unit sold for the 325i.
I heard of problems with the USA Spec unit but it was the older model. The dice unit works, but now I'm real curious as to wether the device developed by BMW and Apple will work on the LT. Also just purchased the throttle cable upgrade and can't wait to get that installed. That is tomorrows project.
:dance:
Interesting... I bought an $18 MP3 player that takes up about 15% of the space in my oddiments box and a $1.95 connecting wire. MP3 holds over 16 hours of music... Don't know what I would do with a Dice/BMW unit...

Am I missing sumpthin' here??? :confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts