BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put new tires on the LT yesterday then my wife and I took her out for an overnighter of a little over 200 hundred miles each way. Going from very worn tires to new ones made a noticeable difference in ride and handling. I put the Metz ME 880 on the front and the Bridgestone BT 020 on the rear. I really like how the combo turned out. There is nothing quite like treating yourself to new rubber, then going out for a ride.

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
I put new tires on last Fall. They're BT020's. My front one is singing to me and this is the first time I've had the front wear down before the back. I've done 9,000 miles so far and the back still looks good...... :confused:

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
rattler50 said:
I put new tires on last Fall. They're BT020's. My front one is singing to me and this is the first time I've had the front wear down before the back. I've done 9,000 miles so far and the back still looks good...... :confused:
That is normal for the LT. I always got 8-10,000 miles on front tires, 11-14,000 miles on rears, no matter the brands used.

When I rode the IBA 10/10ths a few years back, I titled my ride report "How to make a K1200LT front tire last 10 days."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts