BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recieved my new set of Metz fro AMT, the rear tire has B17 like I ordered but the front has R17 on it. Does that mean radial?

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
Big_E said:
Just recieved my new set of Metz fro AMT, the rear tire has B17 like I ordered but the front has R17 on it. Does that mean radial?
Wrong front tire. Metzeler makes a radial front 880 in the same size, and it is load rated OK for the LT, but you should send that one back and have them ship you the correct tire, hopefully right away and not wait for the returned tire.

Too bad Metzeler never produced a matching radial in the size and rating needed for the rear of the LT.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Contacted AMT about the wrong tire, this was their reply, can't beat that for good service. "Hello,
Thank you for your order. We appologize for the mis-shipment on the front tire on your order. A call tag has been issued in which a delivery driver will stop by your location starting tomorrow, July 13th, to pick the tire up from your location. The driver will have a pre-printed shipping label to affix to the tire and ship it back to our warehouse. Please leave the front tire on your front door/porch area to be picked up. The driver will make three pick up attempts on three consective days to pick the tire up. We have shipped the correct tire to your location on expedited shipping. You shall recieve it within 1-2 business days. We appologize for the inconvenience. Please respond if you have any further questions. Thank you."

·
IBR# 366
16,534 Posts
Good to hear they took care of you. Mistakes do happen but it's how they are dealt with that matters. Thanks for the update.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts