BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had new tires & metal stems installed yesterday and a guy around my area that does work on Beemers ( thanks to BigBen (Bernard) who provided this contact!!

The tires are Mets 880's and the metal stems are like the Napa or Camels.

One thing I noticed, it the front stem seems to have less thread depth on the nut then the rear ( pictures attached). Threads on the rear show a better grab on the nut then the front.

Is the front rim thicker then the rear, and is this normal??

Seems OK, just questioning the look??

Regards,
Bowdon

Attachments

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I'd have to say that is what it appears. The front tire is narrower but as to how they are extruded is beyond myself..............some one will chime in here directly, I'm thinking.....................Jim

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
I just checked my front stem & I have about 1/4 inch of thread showing. I know when I installed my stems there was 2 different rubber gaskets with the stem. One was thicker then the other. Your guy may have put the wrong gasket on.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
katnapinn said:
I just checked my front stem & I have about 1/4 inch of thread showing. I know when I installed my stems there was 2 different rubber gaskets with the stem. One was thicker then the other. Your guy may have put the wrong gasket on.
No I checked with him. He put the small one on both. He mentioned that it seems like the front rim was thicker then the rear this is wht the rear has about 1/2" of thread showing, and the rear only 1 or 2 threads showing.

Seems fine, but just wanted some confirmation!!!

Regards,
Bowdon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts