BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - I need tire #2 for my 2008 k1200gt the first one I replaced at the BMW MOA rally in gillette this summer. Unfortunatly I only got to ride 20,000 miles since I purchased the bike end of april 2008 I need a new rear tire and would like to know what you've found to be good. I ride hard, long days usually. I'd like to get a tire ordered soon but I don't know what would be best for my GT. I've run Avons and Bridgestones on my RT

·
IBR# 366
16,545 Posts
Tires are really subjective. How hard do you ride? In what conditions? Do you give priority to handling, grip, or mileage? All those things make a difference for you on your bike.

There is some good discussion in this tire thread at K-Bikes.com.

Or if you really want to confuse yourself, you can peruse the KGT Tires forum over at I-BMW.com. :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Dunlop Roadsmart. They stick in the wet, wear well are quiet and I'm not really a Dunny guy. I have 5K on them now and estimate they will do 8-9

I only tried them because they were $20 cheaper than Mich but will buy another set. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
mdm_rides said:
Dunlop Roadsmart. They stick in the wet, wear well are quiet and I'm not really a Dunny guy. I have 5K on them now and estimate they will do 8-9

I only tried them because they were $20 cheaper than Mich but will buy another set. Hope that helps.
+1 on the RoadSmart. Check BikeBandit.com. They give a 6% discount for AMA members. swmototire is another good source.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts