BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For everybody with a 26xx unit. Unit software 4.40 is available. Garmin has added a Webupdate and a traditional download.
Added features are:
  • Improved route transfers from MapSource with multiple via points.
  • Added ability to disable remote control input: From any page, press the 'Menu' key, then select 'Options'. Select the 'General' tab, then press the 'Menu' key. Select 'Disable Remote'.
  • Added support for Portuguese and Canadian French audio languages.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up! :) I don't understand why anyone would want to disable the remote...but whatever. (I personally don't even use the remote, if you can believe that.)

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
messenger13 said:
Thanks for the heads-up! :) I don't understand why anyone would want to disable the remote...but whatever. (I personally don't even use the remote, if you can believe that.)
One reason to disable the remote: When riding home from Iron Horse, a couple of times the sun hit the IR receiver and caused my NavII to respond (beep several times; not sure what it was doing). Annoying.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Problems with download

This may help someone else.
I could not get the downloaded update to install. I tried 2 seperate download and got a error when installing both times. After the failures, I downloaded their web updater and installed from their web updater and everything went fine.

Ken

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
I submitted a request to Garmin to be able to turn off the ICONS and just have bigger text menus on my 2610. I have a problem being able to read the text under the icons or determine which Icon is being displayed without my reading glasses. I don't think it is a good idea to ride with reading glasses.

If any on this board would also like to see text only menus as an option. Please submit a request to Garmin via tech support.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts