BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Bluetooth technology is coming to the world of motor biking at full speed.
As an old biker width deep interest in electronics - I find the inherent possibilities in the Bluetooth technology fascinating

So I set out to gather what I found useful and correct, basically collecting it for my own sake and purposes.
I soon noticed, however, that I was not alone in requiring this kind of info; more and more friends and acquaintances understood that I was getting into the know and started to turn to me with their questions and problems. So I decided that I would make what I have gathered available on a new web site.

http://bt.my-mc.com/

The site is not fully up, but will give you some idea where I'm taking it !

regards
STeinar

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
I'm looking forward to it. Since my new bike will have it, I might as well join the 21st century!

Additional knowledge and additional resources are always valuable to me as long as the jargon is limited and it is user friendly.

Hopefully it will be written so that a novice can understand it.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,170 Posts
This is something I am interested as I would love to go cordless from both our helmets.
I want to have intercomm capabilities, and GPS and Radar detector inputs as well. Music or phone not that important to me.
Looking forward to an education! :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think this site could be very helpful.

I HATED being connected by wire from my helmet to my previous bike, a K1200LT.

When I purchased my 2008 R1200RT last summer I did not want to go the "wired" route again so I went bluetooth. After doing a lot of research on this site and others, I went with a SENA bluetooth system for the helmet and a Sony dongle transmitter from my Mix-It2 muliplexer. My Ipod, my Valentine radar detector and my Garmin 660 are "hard wired", i.e., plugged into the Mix-It2. The Mix-It2 amplifies and prioritizes the signals which allows the Garmin voice to override the Ipod music and the Valentine radar detector to override the music and the Garmin. The signal from the Mix-It2 is sent by the Sony bluetooth dongle to my SENA helmet headset and, here is the best part, the signal is stereo so the music sounds great and I can quickly adjust the main volume by turning the SENA dial on the helmet. By the way, I still use the soft Hearos foam ear plugs and don't have to put up with the wired custom ear plugs which would often catch on my tank bag or coat and, even though custom fitted, would hurt after four or five hours.

I like to wear the form ear plugs to avoid any wind noise and can still easily hear the music and sound through the SENA helmet speakers.

I don't have a smartphone in the system because, frankly, I don't want to make or receive calls while riding my motorcycle. :bmw:

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,170 Posts
westcott360 said:
I think this site could be very helpful.

I HATED being connected by wire from my helmet to my previous bike, a K1200LT.

When I purchased my 2008 R1200RT last summer I did not want to go the "wired" route again so I went bluetooth. After doing a lot of research on this site and others, I went with a SENA bluetooth system for the helmet and a Sony dongle transmitter from my Mix-It2 muliplexer. My Ipod, my Valentine radar detector and my Garmin 660 are "hard wired", i.e., plugged into the Mix-It2. The Mix-It2 amplifies and prioritizes the signals which allows the Garmin voice to override the Ipod music and the Valentine radar detector to override the music and the Garmin. The signal from the Mix-It2 is sent by the Sony bluetooth dongle to my SENA helmet headset and, here is the best part, the signal is stereo so the music sounds great and I can quickly adjust the main volume by turning the SENA dial on the helmet. By the way, I still use the soft Hearos foam ear plugs and don't have to put up with the wired custom ear plugs which would often catch on my tank bag or coat and, even though custom fitted, would hurt after four or five hours.

I like to wear the form ear plugs to avoid any wind noise and can still easily hear the music and sound through the SENA helmet speakers.

I don't have a smartphone in the system because, frankly, I don't want to make or receive calls while riding my motorcycle. :bmw:
Do you have intercom capabilities with your setup? If so I would be interested in a setup just like yours.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts