BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple weeks ago I went to the informal monthly get together at a local brew pub of the Portland, OR area BMW riders. A great time as usual but a little better this time than most.

I sat across the table from Randi K. (GoldenDragon) who casually mentioned he was having a new custom seat made the first part of September. Remembering that he already had a custom seat on his bike I questioned him further and wound up buying his Bill Mayer rider and pillion seats for a VERY VERY VERY good price with the exchange of my factory seats. Randi may want to chime in here re: the need for factory seats in the upgrade process.

Randis' rider seat was in need of a wee bit of rejuvenation so here is what I used:

Original seat showing seat wear:

Here are the products I was able to find locally to improve the seat:

Note: The products made a significant improvement in the appearance of the seat but now the exhaust note is deafening, it leaks all over the floor of the garage, and my hands are numb for hours after I get off the bike!

Here is an after photo of the results: The dents in the leather were caused by my helmet sitting on the seat.

A big improvement for sure. The products were locally available, easy to use, and have made the seats a lot more supple.

I have not noticed any bleeding of the HD Rejuvenator onto my clothes.

Loren

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both products are branded Harley Davidson. The first product I used is called Harley Rejuvenator for Black Leather, part number 98839-09. 6 ounces or about a 3 lifetime supply cost me $6.99. The second product is called Leather Dressing, part number 98261-91V. A 6 oz container was $6.95. I applied the Rejuvenator X3 and wiped off the little bit of excess pretty much right away. I then applied numerous coats of the Leather Dressing. It amazed me how much of the the leather dressing the seat soaked up. I think I could have put 20 coats on because the seat was so dry. I would recommend you apply the Leather Dressing in the sun as the heat really helps the product soak in.

I think you will like the results.

Loren

RocketRon said:
Loren,
I have a Meyer seat and love it but mine too, is looking worn. Your picture of products is not very readable. Can you list the products and the order in which you used them?
Thanks!
Ron

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
+1 on the Harley Leather Dressing. I have a couple containers of that stuff left over from Harley's I've owned in the past (used on leather Harley bags)...it's great to waterproof and condition leather boots.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Is the dressing for black seats only? I've been looking for something for my silver leather.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The dressing has no pigment in it so I think it should work fine on silver leather. You might want to try it on a concealed part of the seat. Maybe down low between the rider and pillion seat just to make sure it doesn't slightly darken the leather. It kind of has the appearance of hard vaseline.

The rejuvenator stuff is definitely for black leather only.

Real Harley men don't got no silver leather!

Loren

Kra961 said:
Is the dressing for black seats only? I've been looking for something for my silver leather.

·
Registered
656 Posts
wa1200lt said:
The dressing has no pigment in it so I think it should work fine on silver leather. You might want to try it on a concealed part of the seat. Maybe down low between the rider and pillion seat just to make sure it doesn't slightly darken the leather. It kind of has the appearance of hard vaseline.

The rejuvenator stuff is definitely for black leather only.

Loren
Real Harley men don't got no silver leather!
LMAO!! Thanks Loren

1 - 8 of 8 Posts