BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Looks Really Great!

That looks really great. Did the Russell Seat make a ton of difference? Is it a lot taller than the stocker??? Either way, the bike really looks good!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Bike does look great!

Please post info on your experience with those Russell seats!! My butt felt better just looking at them........

Am also interested in diff in seat width and seat height. Basically, how did they affect your knee angle to the ground when you stop at a light, etc. Compared to the stock seat. What is your inseam measurement?

Tell us more about the paint job too.

Thanks, :)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Wow does that look great. Subtle yet striking comes to mind. Love the seat also. Looks real comfy for both you and the pillion. Maybe a Winter project.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have that many miles on the seat yet. I just put it on right before I dropped it off at the painters. I have maybe 80 miles on it. Yes it is higher as well as set back a bit. So far so good. It certainly does feel different, but I cannot comment on how much better until I break it in and do a long ride. I can feel how it does support my but totaly different from the stock seat which I absolutly hated.

Billy came up with the paint job. I had asked for some sort of checkerboard pattern on the bags, he did it and took it off as he said it just did not look right. I like what he did, very suble but makes the bike look different.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PhilD said:
Have you had the chance to many miles on the daylong seat?

If so how was the ride?
As I said above..only about 80 miles..no riding this week becuase of work issues. It will be a few weeks before I can ride a long distance ride. Just too darn busy.

·
Registered
374 Posts
You've done a great job, love the looks of the seat and the paint job.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not sure..they recovered the original seat pan. I am not with the bike right now. Is the seat hight adjustment bar connected to the pan or the bike? If it is on the bike it should still work. If it was on the pan I do not remember if the pan came back with it still there. I will have to check

1 - 12 of 12 Posts