BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m in dire need of a new helmet, I’ve heard some good reports concerning the Schuberth C2. Anyone own the C2 out there in LT land, if so how would you compare it to other helmets you have owned?

Carl
Corona, Ca

·
IBR# 366
16,563 Posts
The C2 is a big improvement over the original Concept. It's much quieter, although still on the heavy side. I use the flip down sunshade every time I ride and really appreciate that feature.

Like any helmet, it ultimately depends on how well it fits your particular head shape. You gotta find them in a store and try them on. I know BMW of Ventura carries the C2, though that's a bit of a ride for you. I'm sure a few other places will carry it that may be closer to you.

Try a Google search for Schuberth C2 review and you'll get a few more opinions.

·
Registered
189 Posts
:)
Except for the difficulty in mounting the speakers and mic, this is a great helmet. It is snug, but fits my head perfectly. I wear it riding to work daily, so that's not much of a stretch. However, I recently did a 1500 mile ride to Santa Fe from Denver and back and loved every minute. No helmet issues at all. In fact, the retractable visor is worth the price of the helmet. On one particular stretch where I was moving in and out of direct sunlight into shadow, I was able to flip it up and down at will with no other motion other than the flick of my wrist. Awesome. No sunglasses to lose.
I love mine and would go with another in a flash.
:D

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
gwarman said:
I’m in dire need of a new helmet, I’ve heard some good reports concerning the Schuberth C2. Anyone own the C2 out there in LT land, if so how would you compare it to other helmets you have owned?

Carl
Corona, Ca
Pricey, but worth every penny. I bought it specifically for the shades. Then on Monday I got into a frog drowner and have to say that it is MUCH better than the original Concept in that regards too. The old concept was known to behave like a sieve (more or less). The C2 stayed warm and dry. No cold water down the front any more. In short: I'd buy another in a second, especially since the old concept was destroyed in saving my life. \

Oh, and did I mention the built in sun visor?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for the help. I've tried them on at Irv Seavers here in Orange, well over $500 which is a whole lot cabbage to pay for a helmet (especially when you need two). I do have a friend that works for Bell, he should be able to cut me a deal....

Thanks again!

Carl
Corona, Ca

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,601 Posts
Carl,
You need to talk to Dave at Ant Racing on 1-877-ANT-7973. I ordered one through their web site at www.ant-racing.com and received 20-percent off by using a BMW code that I found on this site. Dave gave me a call and provided me with another BMW code for the discount, he said that the other code was no longer valid. The down side of this is that I may have to wait up to two months before more C2's are shipped to them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts