BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New boy from UK here :wave . Pick up a 2011 RT12 SE next week. Had Beemers for a long time and seem to have tried them all so far. Had an S1000RR since they launched and while an epic weapon on the road and track it was suggested by a kindly officer that I should slow down a little .....hmmm

Went to the dealer with the intention of getting the new K16GT. Which was nice , engine is epic (though with a helmet and plugs you can't hear it which is a shame) , and it does hide its weight immediately from the off....but I couldn;t adjust the screen to suit and found the position too laid back (which to be fair most would be after folding yourself on the S1). While there tried the RT ( I've had GS , GSA and a naked R) and thought that with the new heads its got a decent amount of poke - found the old engine ran out of puff too early- and the handling was superb. Plus the screen adjusted perfectly for visor up music at 80. So deal done...

Sorry for long intro and I'm sure I'll come up with a few numpty questions but this looks like a good forum for RT's and despite being on the wrong side of the pond hope to contribute.

Stu

·
Registered
322 Posts
STURT said:
.....despite being on the wrong side of the pond hope to contribute.....

Stu
Hi sturt - this is an excellent forum - loads of good advice and info. There are a fair few folks on here from the UK, mainland Europe etc. We just have to translate things sometimes for our colonial cousins :D

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Welcome to the fold, Stu - it is an excellent forum, and we are spread out all over the world.

I did a track day on the S1000RR.....what an awesome machine! But, I could see my licence virtually waving itself bye bye if I ever rode on on the road.

Enjoy the new RT!

Cheers
Tony

·
Registered
545 Posts
Welcome to the show Stu - and congrats on the new ride. See you in cyberspace.
Best, John

·
Registered
60 Posts
Welcome Stuart, I just bought a new 2011 R1200RT myself. While I live in the US (California--San Francisco Bay Area), I travel frequently for work. In fact, I am in the London area myself right now! I'm staying in Crawley while working at Gatwick Airport. I love visiting your country but it is painstaking being here right now. I don't get to pick up my RT until I get home from London! I tried to assuage my "need for speed" today by taking advantage of my "jetlag recovery day" and went to Thorpe Park. The roller coasters were fun, especially "Saw--The Ride" and "Stealth", but they are don't have Roundels on them!

Enjoy your new bike!

Andrew

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Stuart

I am a POM presently living and working in Oz. I have got a 49ltr wife loves it, fits 2 helmets easy and when it doesn't have the helmets in it has all of the wifes stuff, same as the rest, hair driers, curlers and all the rest of the gear a woman takes away. Oh did I mention she also has the two panniers as well.

Enjoy the ride.

Norm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts