BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2011 R1200 RT Saturday what a sweet ride!
Came from a triumph rocket3. Definitely like the weight and handling difference!
It has ESA,bluethooth and the sat radio. Dealer didn't activate the radio
Do I do that or dealer? Thanks lovin this ride.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Welcome from another new guy! I bought my '11 on January 5. Weather's been tough but it's got over 300 now.

I would think the dealer would activate the XM. Check with your salesman.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Welcome to the site and you have a great new bike. A couple of days west of you is the 49er rally in Mariposa this year over labor day weekend. A good destination.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just picked up 2011 and dealer also told me I hook up sat. radio.
Have you done so to confirm this is so?

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Welcome on board... much good info here bouts!

·
Registered
391 Posts
skfrider said:
Came from a triumph rocket3. Definitely like the weight and handling difference!
Enjoy that beautiful new machine & welcome to the site. Lots of good stuff to learn, technical, and for riding itself. Again, welcome!

·
Registered
726 Posts
skfrider said:
Welcome, This is the place to learn and ask all the questions you may have!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Congratulations on your new ride. :)

I bought a new R1200RT SE 2 weeks ago, and I changed from a Rocket 3 as well. :D

I can't comment on the activation of the radio as that option is not available on this side of the pond.

But here is what I have added since I have bought it.

Engine crash bars
Fog lights connected as running lights with an autoswitch.
Nautilus horn.
Garmin ZUMO 660 fitted on the bike with GPS brackets similar to the OEM.

and welcome to the forum. :bmw:

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Congratulations on the new RT and welcome to the forum. We learn from each other on this forum by sharing our experiences with these great bikes so let us know your impressions of the new RT and how it compares to other bikes you have owned or ridden.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the welcome from all of you. The owner or dealer can activate it. my dealer and BMW NA sent me emails how too. when they (sirrus) pulled up the serial number it showed I got a year free. Now I just need to find a good headset/bike to bike intercomm. I put the low seat on it but will have to do the custom boot thing as my legs are still a little short. there is a definite difference in the hp/torque from the rt to the rocket. but i am enjoying the RT better. It was time to give up the beast. I still have the 2010 Bonneville which has not been ridden much lately. Thanks for the information and the welcome.
Steve

1 - 14 of 14 Posts