BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
'18 R1200RT, '18 Abarth 124 Spider, '87 VFR 400R & an everyday sedan.
166 Posts
Welcome! What an excellent color choice.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice bike...what brand are the crash bars?

·
Premium Member
5,405 Posts
Welcome! I have one just like yours on order!

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
You're fortunate. Spending 8 years in Germany [US Military] I spent a good deal of time in your awesome country on my bikes. Great roads in the Spa-Francorchamps area - I've always been a race fan and the track at Spa is awesome. Unfortunately, 1983 was my last run to Spa for the F1 race.

That said, I envy where you get to ride your new steed. It's a great bike and you have a LOT of great roads to ride it. Head down to the mountains near Trier, --- never mind - you live there and know where the best runs are...(y)

You're going to love your new steed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm waiting for the delivery of mine (also in Belgium) with almost the same config! I don't have the additional headlights and no crashbars and no radio. But for the rest the same config it seems :) Have a lot of safe trips with it!

·
Registered
2020 R1250RT
27 Posts
Congrats, wishing you many safe and fun miles and memories!
Still makes me smile that the headlamp is now even more like the BatSignal haha 😎

Steven

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats, wishing you many safe and fun miles and memories!
Still makes me smile that the headlamp is now even more like the BatSignal haha 😎

Steven
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.
There is a few things I noticed .
It's possible to change up and down gears while cruise control ts engaged.
The designated plug int the cable boom for the navigator is no longer present.
The more solid billet valve covers transmit less engine noise .
The usb port in the right storage takes priority over the wireless charging you can not use both, my s8+ fits fine.
Wind protection is sublime very quiet no back pressure.
It has a very loud horn.
The audio system speakers and bluetooth audio have great quality both radio or smartphone music I use the v3 bmw communicator.
The navigation maps could do with more contrast you still get the arrows when the map cuts out happend to me but overall its ok, I will be keeping my zumo xt its superior and completely free no matter how many hours I ride.
Greetings,
Stefaan

·
Registered
2019 BMW R1250RT
85 Posts
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.
There is a few things I noticed .
It's possible to change up and down gears while cruise control ts engaged.
The designated plug int the cable boom for the navigator is no longer present.
The more solid billet valve covers transmit less engine noise .
The usb port in the right storage takes priority over the wireless charging you can not use both, my s8+ fits fine.
Wind protection is sublime very quiet no back pressure.
It has a very loud horn.
The audio system speakers and bluetooth audio have great quality both radio or smartphone music I use the v3 bmw communicator.
The navigation maps could do with more contrast you still get the arrows when the map cuts out happend to me but overall its ok, I will be keeping my zumo xt its superior and completely free no matter how many hours I ride.
Greetings,
Stefaan

·
Registered
2019 BMW R1250RT
85 Posts
Stefaan,
The handlebar bolt extension the Garmin is mounted on, where did you get that ?? I will be doing the same with
my Garmin XT...

·
Registered
2019 BMW R1250RT
85 Posts
Thanks for the info... Is the Garmin Mount that attaches to the bolt just a standard handlebar clamp ???
My 2021 is on order, none have arrived at my Ohio, USA Dealer...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi everyone,
I went for a spirited ride today mostly twisty one lane country roads. I loaded the same route in both the zumo and the connected app , i noticed a delay in map display from the bmw app compared to the garmin. This is my setup and a few extra pictures ,the zumo has a glove friendly interface handy to make a quick alteration and displays your music.
Greetings,
Stefaan

1 - 20 of 23 Posts