BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been agonizing over what I was going to do to replace old Red Rover. I'd looked at the web searching the For Sale ads on the internet. I was frustrated that I might not have enough money to get something I would be happy with. Well, that all ended yesterday. I found a '01 LTC, Mauve in color, with 68K miles on it for a price I couldn't pass up. I know the owner and know that it has been taken care of. Even better is it is only 60 miles one way to go pick it up. The down side is I don't have a 2000 mile ride to get it home. :( Even though everyone knows, LTs have a mind of their own, and the trip home could end up being over 300 miles. ;) :D

Now, why haven't I replaced my helmet yet?? :confused:

·
Registered
705 Posts
Congrats, Steve! That's just mauvelous!! I've been wondering what your progress has been in finding a replacement.

Good for you!

Paul

·
Premium Member
7,818 Posts
Steve, +1 on Paul's comments. Congratulations. I hope you are 100% healed and ready to ride soon.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Steve, +1 on the other comments! It is great to hear you are getting back in the saddle. Even better that you are well enough physically to ride again!

Watch out for those short cuts on the way home - sometimes they aren't as short as you think! :)

This is going to be a great year!

PS - We expect pictures soon... ;)

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Hey Steve,
Congratulations, I'm sure the new ride will serve you well. If you get the itch to ride and it gets too cold way up there in GA we'd be glad to have you visit us down here in the real SOUTH where our cool weather riding season has just begun!

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
Steve_R said:
I've been agonizing over what I was going to do to replace old Red Rover. I'd looked at the web searching the For Sale ads on the internet. I was frustrated that I might not have enough money to get something I would be happy with. Well, that all ended yesterday. I found a '01 LTC, Mauve in color, with 68K miles on it for a price I couldn't pass up. I know the owner and know that it has been taken care of. Even better is it is only 60 miles one way to go pick it up. The down side is I don't have a 2000 mile ride to get it home. :( Even though everyone knows, LTs have a mind of their own, and the trip home could end up being over 300 miles. ;) :D

Did you get the previous owner to throw in service intervals 'til 100K?? ;)

Congratulations, Bud. Glad you're back in the saddle. Mauve ain't too bad a color - hell, Rehder put up with it for 68K?????? :histerica

Have a great 2008 - I know you're psychie can use it!!! :bike:

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
Steve_R said:

Congrats Steve !!!! Now get your ars down to Texas and we'll get some BBQ :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Congrats, Steve! That's great news!

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Hey Steve Congrats Now you can ride over to Griffs to pick up the Helmet!

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Going to a great home

I am proud as a new father that Steve is buying the LT I've loved so much over the years. By the way it only has 63K on it! It was meant to be that Steve was looking and I was selling. Devine intervention! Steve could take the long way around to ride it back home. Sounds like a good excuse to get an SS1000! Congrats Steve!!

As for me I get too start scoping out other bikes!

Steve_R said:

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Great news Steve,

Now when are you going to ride it to Tejas for show and tell? Sure would be nice to see you again.

Ron

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Great news Steve! And I'll bet John is also happy to see the Bike going to one of our own. And considering that John was heavily involved with CCR Tech Sessions as well as many in your area, you can bet the Bike was well maintained!

Enjoy getting "back on the horse" buddy!

John

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
johnrehder said:
I am proud as a new father that Steve is buying the LT I've loved so much over the years. By the way it only has 63K on it! It was meant to be that Steve was looking and I was selling. Devine intervention! Steve could take the long way around to ride it back home. Sounds like a good excuse to get an SS1000! Congrats Steve!!

As for me I get too start scoping out other bikes!
As soon as he said, "Mauve" I guessed it was yours! Keep us informed on the shopping process now.

Congrats Steve. I'll know you will enjoy it!

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Congrats Steve!

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Congrats on the new scoot. Don't go wearing it out before CCR!

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
hallzee said:
Congrats on the new scoot. Don't go wearing it out before CCR!
Congrats, and don't listen to Lynn, THIS IS THE REAL SOUTH. Florida couldn't even win their Bowl game yesterday! :p

1 - 20 of 31 Posts